New to this! struggling to lose weight.

Options
My name is Rhe! Just trying to meet people to help get me on track. :)

Replies

• ballabella
    ballabella Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Rhe,

I'm looking to lose a stone or thereabouts.. Have you used this app before?

I'm struggling with motivation and could use some support too!

I've got a terrible habit of buying new clothes all the time but am struggling to fit into a UK 14 now.. I'm a large 14/small 16 at the moment (that's lame I know!)

X
  • xolisa27x140
    xolisa27x140 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to stick to this too! I wanna lose weight and need some motivation!
  • rhedog1995
    rhedog1995 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I actually just started using this app. The community on here is great and so supportive! My advice is to take this journey one day at a time and start with short term goals. :)
  • Meg_za
    Meg_za Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also need some motivation. Everyday I wake up and say I'll eat healthy..then somebody in my family offers something unhealthy...very annoying
  • rhedog1995
    Options
    Right? I live in an Italian family that likes to eat a lot and I'm just here like "I can't..."
  • Meg_za
    Options
    Story of my life! I always say I can't..but end up eating it anyway
  • romisa11
    romisa11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new on this I don't know if this app helps but I'm struggling to lose weight and really really need motivation
  • Meg_za
    Options
    romisa11 wrote: »
    Hey I'm new on this I don't know if this app helps but I'm struggling to lose weight and really really need motivation

I'm new aswell! I've heard good things about this app, I think it will help you see your progress on paper instead of judging yourself in front of a mirror. Just keep working hard!!
  • SLWright2345
    SLWright2345 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Office cake is proving to be an issue. There are constant biscuit offerings and it's just not fair!
  • rinarooxx
    rinarooxx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    rhedog1995 wrote: »
    Right? I live in an Italian family that likes to eat a lot and I'm just here like "I can't..."

Although not from an Italian family, I am surrounded by food permanently as I work in a supermarket petrol station (filled to the brim with chocolate which for someone with a sweet tooth is never a good idea) so Im with you on the constant struggle with "I can't" :)
  • rhedog1995
    Options
    My sister came over with my nephew and decided to make Chinese food for dinner. Haha. Smh.
  • drew_warrington
    drew_warrington Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    oooo I feel the pain
    rhedog1995 wrote: »
    My sister came over with my nephew and decided to make Chinese food for dinner. Haha. Smh.

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Whoever is struggling to lose weight please get shold of me. I have used a program that has helped me tremendously. carina.kay@live.com is my personal email I can give my phone number through an email if you are seriously interested in losing weight.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information
    For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups
    Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam.

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    To help combat all of the biscuit offerings, office cake and countless candy dishes, I set my work password to "ZeroExtraCalories". Keeping this idea in my head several times each day definitely helps to keep my head in the right place and avoid these all too common temptations!
  • livingdeadlex
    livingdeadlex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • rhedog1995
    Options
    I did good last night. I am already at 190 calories for today though. :(