Major scale difference?

Options
I have my own mechanical scale, and on that I weigh 118lbs, on my mother's I weigh 122lbs but today I got weighed at the hospital and weighed 130lbs.
Really discouraging as I started out at 134lbs on my scale and I definitely look a lot different and felt so happy but now I don't feel so great about myself.

Anyone else had such a big difference? I know my clothes etc would effect the doctor's scale but surely not by 12lbs?

Replies

• AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Different scales. Clothes? Different time of day? All those could add up to 12 pounds.
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Also if you ate or drank anything. I weigh in the morning before I eat or drink.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it.

Your doc's scale is probably the most accurate, but you were clothed so hard to know your true weight.

Your home scale is the most frequently used so that is the one you should go by.

Whether or not it is 100% acurate is irrelevant- it is the one you use to log your losses and gains.

Yup, it is awful getting a weigh in like that, I avoid my sons scale as it adds pounds; my son loves mine as he loses pounds.

Cheers, h.
  • the_comeback
    the_comeback Posts: 2,199 Member
    Options
    Always weigh your self on the same scale. And usually weigh in in the morning before breakfast
  • rhian_1994
    rhian_1994 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it.

Your doc's scale is probably the most accurate, but you were clothed so hard to know your true weight.

Your home scale is the most frequently used so that is the one you should go by.

Whether or not it is 100% acurate is irrelevant- it is the one you use to log your losses and gains.

Yup, it is awful getting a weigh in like that, I avoid my sons scale as it adds pounds; my son loves mine as he loses pounds.

Cheers, h.

Yeah you're right, I will keep using my scales so I know if I'm going up or down! Just a bit disappointed I probably weight a lot more than i thought! Haha :)
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm wouldn't say the doctors scale is always right. Lots of people stand on those scale's everyday. Maybe get a new digital scale and stick to that scale only.