Surviving Grief

Options
I lost my adult Son 10 months....I have lost all momentum and motivation.... Struggling to get back to my healthy routines! Anyone interested in support group for healthy grieving! One moment at a time❤️

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have not walked in your shoes, but a friend lost her adult daughter 4 years ago to a drunk driver. She took it one day at a time. There were lots of down spots. she became an advocate for MADD and started talking about her daughter and that helped her heal.

Iam so very sorry for your loss
  • mjenkins74mj
    mjenkins74mj Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.....wish I could give ya some advice but I can't.
    All you can do is keep going and know your son would want you too.
  • gardnerslater
    gardnerslater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    rdemarse wrote: »
    I lost my adult Son 10 months....I have lost all momentum and motivation.... Struggling to get back to my healthy routines! Anyone interested in support group for healthy grieving! One moment at a time❤️

• gardnerslater
    gardnerslater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    rdemarse, you have my heart felt condolences. My father died one month ago today, unexpected and devastating. It takes a day at a time and the willingness to release. My father didn't get to see my weight loss. I saw him the end of November, was making plans to see him later this month but instead we buried him. Disengaging is normal and healthy but reconnecting is important. If you can't do it specifically start off thinking of those that live you and work back to you. You are so worth it!!!
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Be pateint with yourself. Ten months isn't very long. It has been 9 years since I lost my son and certain days and times of the year still drain my energy.
  • halleyucaldwell
    halleyucaldwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    rdemarse wrote: »

Thank you for posting this! I have had two still births ( completely different reasons) in the past 4 years. In the middle I had a perfectly healthy son who will be 3 in October. My most recent loss happened a year ago Sunday. I agree completely that it is one moment at a time. I am learning how much emotions and food are connected. Learning to live is simultaneously the best and the worst. I am trying to learn a healthy relationship with food and put my emotions in their place. I think a group that supports healthy grieving would be an awesome idea.