Seriously demotivated right now

Options
I started using this app just over a week ago and its really been helping.. I'd been doing so well up until two days ago!

Now I'm starting to doubt myself. If I can't hack over a week how can I make this a lifestyle change?!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It takes time and patience to get everything down. Keep on going.
  • klbidder
    klbidder Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be inappropriate but I'm due on today/tomorrow.. I'm thinking that might be why? Does anyone else get this?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    What have you been doing this past week?

What did you do 2 days ago that was so terrible?

Why are you doubting yourself?

• saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Log one day at a time. Aim for progress and not perfection. Know rhat slow progress is still progress. Keep going.
  • tinaolsson
    tinaolsson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Think forward and you really need patience since change doesn't happen over night. Are you too strict on yourself?
    Just keep going, it will get better :)
  • klbidder
    Options
    The past week I had been eating breakfast every day, the past two I didn't have chance so that most likely hasn't helped.

My parents have been away the week giving me chance to use the kitchen to try and prepare good food but I'm just picking them up from the station now and my mum's text me saying they're getting Mrs millies.

I need to get into an exercise routine too but thought i should maybe take it a step at a time and get into good eating habits first.

Thanks for the motivation guys :smile:
  • stephdillard513
    stephdillard513 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, I have days where I do great and other days I just suck at it...and yes I have noticed some of my worse times is when it is that time....don't give up!! I have stopped and restarted several times in the last few weeks, but I still keep getting back on, I've done it before and I know I can do it!! It will get easier!!
  • klbidder
    Options
    It's so good knowing so many people go through and feel the same, definitely makes you feel better..
    I'm glad you know you can do it! That's the motivation I need to give myself!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You don't *have* to eat breakfast. I prefer breakfast, but it's not necessary.

I'm guessing Mrs Millies is fast food or a restaurant? Do they have nutrition information available? IMO, you can still eat anything and everything you want, just in moderation. Fit it into your calories.

For example, I had McDonald's for lunch. But I made sure to fit it into my calorie goal. Yesterday I had Chinese for lunch and pizza for dinner. Now that doesn't happen all the time, but I fit it.

Exercise is great, but also not necessary. ALternatively, you can ease yourself into it. Just go take a walk.

Focus on just logging your food and making the effort. Everyday doesn't have to be 100% perfect. And chances are, even if you have a day you are over your calorie goal, you still have a deficit from the rest of the week. It just means you might lose a little less weight. That's it. Maybe instead of losing 1.5 lbs, you only lose 1 lb. But guess what? It's still a loss.
  • mewilliams11
    mewilliams11 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I could have actually posted this thread myself! I did so good for 11 straight days & feel like I've blowed all my progress in the last 2 days. I'm on my cycle right now, eating way too much of the wrong things, craving sweets, not wanting to exercise, & frustrated that I gave in to temptation! I'm hoping I can get back on track tomorrow & move forward.

Good luck to you, I know what you're going through!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    klbidder wrote: »
    It's so good knowing so many people go through and feel the same, definitely makes you feel better..
    I'm glad you know you can do it! That's the motivation I need to give myself!

You just dont sound as though you have been properly mentally prepared, understand what it will take or have commited. Its fairly straihtforward and one of the things you need to do is to make a plan that gives you the max chance to succeed by incoprorating good practice, fits your lifestyle and is easy to follow.

If you make mistakes, then it isnt all or nohing its just a slight delay whilst you you learn from and then adjust your strategy. One of the ways you cna get past the doubting you mention is to take it one day at a time rather than focus on the future and start thinking tjhe world is going to fall in. Treay it as a 24hr task, hat starts again each day.