Rewards?

Options
I've been thinking about this for a while, I have a few ideas in mind. But I've been looking online to see how other people use rewards for their weightloss, and I saw that there are a lot of ideas out there. My main reward is going to be a tattoo. I don't know of what yet (I have plenty of ideas, and plenty of time to think about it.) I know I want it to be in a place that I wouldn't feel comfortable getting one now though. Like on my thigh, or side or something. You know, some place sexy.

I saw a few charts online that people made to motivate them selves. Like at 5lbs they'd buy a new book, at 10 they'd buy some new work out clothes, at 40 they'd get a massage.... and so on. Does anyone else do this? What are some of your rewards?

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If I log for 30 days in a row, I can treat myself to a steak dinner. ^_^ Hasn't happened lately, but it's something I'll do when classes start up again. The place I go is Texas Roadhouse, and since I get the smallest steak, it's actually not bad calorie-wise if I'm careful the rest of the day.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get a new bike

I challenged myself to finish in the top 10% in the Map My Ride Challenge

I ended up in the top 5%

The new bike is nice!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Isn't health and fitness its own reward? :tongue:
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    When I reached -70 lbs I bought myself new swim goggles and added 1/2 mile to my daily swim.
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

I knew there would be at least one, lol.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Eve53 wrote: »

For cereal

I don't really reward myself. Maybe I should but I can't think of what to reward myself with.

Well I got 385 day streak on mfp now, maybe I'll reward myself with new kick boxing gear. My current stuff is a year or more old now.

Tattoo isn't a great option for me since what ever I pick I'll probably regret 1 week later.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Eve53 wrote: »

2 then lol

Feeling amazing is my reward

• _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think rewarding yourself is a good idea, especially in the beginning as you are trying to establish habits. I bought myself a new workout top or leggings each time I lost 5 lbs for the first 10lbs the 20lbs I want to lose. Now I'm kind of over it, and when I got to 15lbs lost I didn't really want anything so I just didn't do it. I'm 2-3 lbs away from the 20lb mark and to be honest I plan on logging for life and it's just such a habit that I don't feel the need to reward myself for it anymore. BUT I do think that rewarding myself in the beginning helped keep me motivated to keep going!
  • heyyoutoo
    heyyoutoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've gotten within 4 pounds of goal and finished C25K, and I've been rewarding myself with medals and finisher shirts. Thinking about new running shoes soon also. So yes, definitely.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 lbs and my husband told me tonight that you can see a bit of difference so I've decided that I'm going to stop hiding behind my long curly locks and get a pretty new haircut. It's sort of my reward, and it's sort of a sign that my self-worth is climbing.

One other thing my husband and I talked about is to start talking about either a gym membership or purchasing an elliptical for our home around Christmas. I think of it as a reward to not have to go outside and walk in -10 degree temperatures in January!
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Tonight I started putting a buck away for every point lost. For the tattoo fund. :)
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting until I get to my ideal weight then will treat myself to some nice clothes.
    My partner bought me a lovely pair of Levis, which are very comfy, at the moment i live in Asda jeans as they are cheaper so dont mind it when i lose weight and get rid :)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    My reward will be the bulk I'm gonna do after I'm done losing the fat. I'll have so many calories every day that I can eat all the things!
  • jms5137
    jms5137 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Planning to buy new workout pants when I reach a 10 pound loss. :)
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I have used rewards. I reward myself that reinforce the weight loss. New workout clothes, body products and indulgent lingerie, pedicures, massage.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy myself a rogue fitness hat once I know I'll look good in it, probably in like a year or two lol. It surprising how motivating a $20 hat can be.

Other than that, I buy gym equiptment when it's needed, for example I'll be picking up a curl bar soon when I start doing skull crushers regularly.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    My reward is looking good and feeling strong.

I buy things if I want them, so no reason to "reward" myself with items. I also refuse to buy new clothes unless I have to (I need a new bathing suit for vacation as the old ones barely stay up any more) until I hit my goal weight. Rewarding yourself with food is counterproductive, unless it is a splurge to buy a more expensive item (like a nice steak) rather than eating what you would normally eat.

Now if my wife would reward me with a body massage after exercising, that would be a reward.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i dont reward myself with food. usually i reward myself for every 10 lbs i lost.. ive reward myself with workout clothes, new sport shoes that i really like, new purse and new cute handbag that ive been eyeing for so long! Next reward is a new really cute sandal that i surely wont buy on usual occasion.. :)
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider anything a "reward" if I have to buy it myself (and with my money), lol. *goes to talk to husband*
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Tattoo isn't a great option for me since what ever I pick I'll probably regret 1 week later.

When people ask me why I don't have a tattoo, I answer, "Have you ever seen a Rolls Royce with a bumper sticker???" That's how I feel about tattoos. Sorry if I offended anyone; I have lots of friends with tattoos and it doesn't bother me what other people do :)