Belly fat

Options
I've been exercising and dieting for 2 months now . I've lost a total of 10 pounds but for some reason my stomach still looks big . It's not getting as small as I thought I would and deff not flat . What could I be doing wrong !? Feels like I'm always bloated what can I do do get rid of bloating ?

Replies

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Lose more ... more disappears off the belly.

What are you doing wrong? Expecting too much out of a mere 10 pounds.
  • Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's a common complaint. A lot of people find that the area of their body they most want to slim down - their problem area - is the last place to give up its excess fat. That's because it was likely the first place you began packing the fat on, or at least noticed it. And the first on is very often the last off.
  • caffeinatedcami
    caffeinatedcami Posts: 168 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Are you talking about bloating due to gas or just appearing bloated due to where your body fat is located? Are you eating a lot more dietary fiber than you used to (especially vegetables)? That can take a while for your system to get used to. I have IBS so I got visibly bloated some days even at my ideal weight. Drinking more water can help but if you have gastrointestinal issues bloating can be hard to eliminate completely. Congrats on the ten pounds. Keep it up.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Do you lift.... if no, start. If yes, keep on going. To get a flat stomach, it takes time and patience. Also, look at the stickies at the top of the page.. there is one dedicated to getting a flat stomach.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its usually the last to go....each pound lost will make a difference though.
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Do you take your measurements or just go by the scale? You might want to start taking your measurements to see if your belly is starting to get smaller, even if in proportion to the rest of your body (which is in theory also getting smaller) it doesn't look any different.
  • hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    it will come just continue to exercise diet correctly, drink water, and I'd say you should add some weightlifting to your exercise if you are not already, workout your core and it will help tighten up also. Just be patient @dioanadr993
  • dioanadr993
    dioanadr993 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I do weight training 3 times a week for an 1 hour. @hannibalholt89 @psulemon
  • dioanadr993
    dioanadr993 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's a little bit of both I guess, sometimes it's bloating due to gass and other times it's as soon as I eat I'll appear bloated till the next day . And thank you ! Trying my best @camillemilton1
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    check google for "foods that cause bloating", and try eliminating them for a couple days, then add them back in 1 at a time
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's a little bit of both I guess, sometimes it's bloating due to gass and other times it's as soon as I eat I'll appear bloated till the next day . And thank you ! Trying my best @camillemilton1
    That is just how the human body works.. what else would you think happens when you add a bunch of food to the stomach. Its why you will always look you best in the mirror after you wake up because you have digested all of the food. Just look at what happens when you add water to a balloon.. it expands.

Also, a diet high in fiber or protein can lead to some gas but fiber helps with gi health, so its definitely worth it, although my wife will tell you otherwise :wink:

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    If foods that you need to eat cause bloating, try some Beano. I like the melt-aways, since I can take it and eat immediately. They've saved me!
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    super lean abs come from DIET and exercise. You can workout all day everyday, but women especially have to eat right to get and maintain a super flat/cut stomach. I weight trained 6 days a week, did cardio several times, and ate a higher protein/lower carb diet to get mine. I think the exercises you do have a lot to do with how your abs end up looking once you lean out. I don't do a ton of oblique work b/c I prefer to have more of an hourglass shape.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    My stomach is the first to gain and the last to lose. At my highest weight, I looked like a seven-month pregnant grandmother. But it's definitely going down, nearly 30 pounds later. Still a little over 30 pounds to go . . .