Starting over again, need to stay committed. Adding people as well

Options
Hello! Well I've been off and on for a while, school is starting up this hopefully my last semester and so I really want to make a difference this time. Need help staying motivated though. Looking to help others too.

Replies

• amiekiki
    amiekiki Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same here! School throws me off my game for some reason...
  • fittogroom
    fittogroom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's hard and so easy to fall off the wagon. Or when you do good on a busy schedule then things get slow .
  • amiekiki
    Options
    Yeah, when I'm studying I tend to just eat what's available because I'm too busy with work. Need to stay on the wagon this time
  • fittogroom
    Options
    :) yes. It's hard. I'm reading this book the dorm room diet by daphne oz, and it's pretty interesting so far, haven't gotten too far but I think it will be helpful
  • babyboo422
    babyboo422 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I added you! always taking more MFP friends!
    I'm doing the Paleo diet and I'm loving whats going on with my body and what I've lost. Also, I feel amazing!
  • babyboo422
    babyboo422 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Being a full time worker and a full time student is SUPER HARD. But I've been at it for a little bit and I wanna look how I feel!
  • amiekiki
    edited August 2015
    Options
    That book sounds neat. I haven't read any diet books before and I'm trying to lose weight off of common sense and will power (again). I found last time that MFP was actually a pretty good motivator so maybe it will work this time around
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Me too. I was down to 207 lbs and then got diagnosed with uterus cancer. I went up to 238 lbs.. Back to reality and going to take it off again. I lost 8 lbs on my own so far but need the incentives. Got to start counting calories again and staying away from grains.
  • amiekiki
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Brin ^ just dropped you a request. Hopefully we can help one another c:
  • amiekiki
    Options
    I agree, losing weight feels really good!
    babyboo422 wrote: »
    I added you! always taking more MFP friends!
    I'm doing the Paleo diet and I'm loving whats going on with my body and what I've lost. Also, I feel amazing!

• fittogroom
    Options
    Awesome job Brin, hope everything else is on the upswing too. It really is a big challenge working and school, then watching the calories too. I'm trying a mock diabetic diet, less carbs more proteins. I just read in this book it's good to make a list of 1) what is the proof you want to change, 2) how can you be sure you are ready to make the commitment 3) what is something you've been successful at before 4) how did you overcome obstacles 5) first short goal, something to accomplish in the next week. I'm going to try this. Every good bit helps I guess.
  • DonovanGypsy
    DonovanGypsy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been fighting my weight for 30 years & just got diagnosed with diabetes. I need to try something different and I'm hoping this will provide some support and accountability. I have 90 lbs to lose & a number of health problems, some of which limit my mobility/exercise (ddd, lumbar stenosis) & some related to the weight (hs, pcos & now diabetes). I'm going through phases of hopelessness & confidence, sometimes in the same hour. My husband is doing this with me, but he only has a relatively recent 30 lbs to lose & can't really relate to the emotional and psychological struggle I'm feeling.
  • spinja98
    spinja98 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this app and I'd love to give you support and motivation! :)
  • MissJM1
    MissJM1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm back here after losing weight 3 years ago and slowly putting it back on, add me if you want :)