Cross fit

Options
couple of questions :-) 1) how do I log cross fit on the exercise section? 2) also I have heard mixed reviews about cross fit. I was really enjoying it but a few people have told me it's not that good for you. Any opinions welcome!

Replies

• franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love it! Anything is better than nothing. Try it out and if you think its fun then keep doing it.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It's fine if you have a coach and they know what they're doing. My main gripe with crossfit is that sometimes you lift heavy weights while very fatigued, just increases chase for injury.
  • stoney295
    stoney295 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love crossfit and have my home gym set up for it. But I encourage people to do their own programming so that they can choose a WOD that minimises using fatigued muscles risking injury and optimising recovery. Today's workout is "Murph" for me as I know tomorrow is a rest day
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I was told my training is much like crossfit.
    I enjoy functional exercises that employ calisthenics and body weight, so I can train any time...any place...
  • thrashscara
    thrashscara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love cross fit! Wear a heart rate monitor to get your calories burn if you can't guess it, I generally put down 350 calories burnt, then I eat them back up again! (No junk, protein mainly). Seems to work for me, and my recovery is really quick!
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love it! Anything is better than nothing. Try it out and if you think its fun then keep doing it.

Thanks Fran. I have been a few times now and I really like it. I'm not 100 percent sure on my trainer as I don't think we seem to get on but I'm going to stick with it. :-)

• liannexxx
    Options
    It's fine if you have a coach and they know what they're doing. My main gripe with crossfit is that sometimes you lift heavy weights while very fatigued, just increases chase for injury.

Yeah I was going three times a week to start with but I have cut it down to twice a week as I was just always tired.

• liannexxx
    Options
    stoney295 wrote: »
    I love crossfit and have my home gym set up for it. But I encourage people to do their own programming so that they can choose a WOD that minimises using fatigued muscles risking injury and optimising recovery. Today's workout is "Murph" for me as I know tomorrow is a rest day

What equipment did you buy in order to set it up at home? I know my PT said he trained a few people at home already.

• liannexxx
    Options
    I was told my training is much like crossfit.
    I enjoy functional exercises that employ calisthenics and body weight, so I can train any time...any place...

Is it similar to work outs that you have done in the past? Is there much difference?
  • liannexxx
    Options
    I love cross fit! Wear a heart rate monitor to get your calories burn if you can't guess it, I generally put down 350 calories burnt, then I eat them back up again! (No junk, protein mainly). Seems to work for me, and my recovery is really quick!

Heart rate monitor is a good shout. Sometimes difficult to find in koh samui haha but I will go to a powerbuy and if not next time I am in Bangkok will keep it in mind. Thanks :-)