High Fiber Meal Ideas?

Options
curvy_gamer_loses
curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
Hi everyone, I am just wondering if you guys had any "high fiber" meal recipes? It seems like I only get enough fiber if I eat bowls of shredded wheat or chili. If you could post recipes or even give some high fiber snack ideas it would be appreciated. I am also a vegetarian, so I stay away from meat, but I can tweak recipes/cut out the meat. Thank you!

Replies

• boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Trying to get the recommended 38 grams per day of fiber is really tough, and I feel like I eat a pretty diverse diet. It seems like the only time I really make it is when I'm eating a ton of beans/lentils/peas. Snacking on foods like broccoli, peas, nuts, and fruit helps too.
  • sanders1745
    sanders1745 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same and have decided to lean on snacks to do it. Avocado, black beans, apples and edamame are up for next week. I also include oat bran in smoothies.
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Raspberries and blackberries are great fiber sources, particularly now that they're in season! I put blackberries in my oatmeal every chance I get for breakfast. Chia seeds are another good source that can be easily mixed in to a lot of different things.

• marshmallowsandsnark
    Options
    Thomas Extra Fiber English Muffins, lentils as taco filling, veggie soup with beans without pasta, black bean salad - On the days I get enough fiber without supplements, these are the most frequent things I see on my diary.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I ordered some fiber gourmet pastas since I live in a small town. It's half the calories and loaded in fiber. 130 calories for a portion of pasta with 18 to 20 grams of fiber. Best part is it doesn't have that weird cardboard taste. It's very good.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You can also try using the high fiber/low carb tortillas for 90 calories and 8g of fiber.
  • rinarooxx
    rinarooxx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can also try using the high fiber/low carb tortillas for 90 calories and 8g of fiber.

Where can you get these in the UK?
  • PalmChris
    PalmChris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Original Fiber One cereal gives u 14 gm of fiber in a 1/2 cup serving at 60 calories. A couple of those a day (tastes pretty good) and a couple of small apples, and you've hit your goal.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potatoes!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    rinarooxx wrote: »

Where can you get these in the UK?

I don't know if you guys have la tortilla factory, ole wellness, mission or fiber one brands, but they all make one.

Mission is actually 80 cals and 10g fiber.
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll have to start adding more of these fiber fruits and veggies to things, it seems. I didn't even think about sweet potatoes, avocado or tortillas! Maybe I can make a quesadilla for dinner with beans, avocado, and if I can find some high fiber tortillas.