Believing you can ...

Options
I'm sure many of us on here have tried numerous diets and programs in the past - and have failed at them.

For those of you who broke that cycle and have succeeded or are succeeding ... What changed to make you believe that you can do this?

Please share what inspired you or changed your attitude!

Replies

• Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Im not a success yet but what got me back on track was dropping all my "fatlogic"
  • dianahaynes925
    dianahaynes925 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fat logic?
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Im not a success yet but what got me back on track was dropping all my "fatlogic"

@Amanda_Tate28 - What's 'fat logic'?
  • Amanda_Tate28
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Fat logic is like the stupid things you tell yourself that keep you fat. examples...
    "Well I worked out so I can have a burger"
    "I have a slow metabolism so I can't lose weight"
    "I was never meant to be skinny"
    "Exercise and eating right is too hard!"
    "Im super stressed so I am just going to eat some pizza"
    "Just because I am over weight doesn't mean I am unhealthy"
    etc.
    There is a subreddit on it and it really has helped me cut the fatlogic from my life and start becoming healthy.

Fatlogic is a bunch of excuses basically.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I like that! Great concept.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Options
    Here is a link to the subreddit. Not for the easily offended.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fatlogic/
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've realized that weight loss and good health can not be given by a "magic" weight loss pill, or shake. That starving yourself and cleansing never solves the problem for a long term goal. It takes work. Hard work. Motivation and determination with a great support system :-). Healthy clean eating, lots of water, and exercise is the key. All the extra supplements for me didn't really help much. Focusing on getting what my body needs through healthy eating helped the most. After having each one of my children I've gained and lost. The hardest part was getting back on track. I've lost 13lbs in 5 weeks :-). My goal is to be down 50lbs by Dec. With MFP and all the wonderful people on here I feel like I can definitely reach that goal. Never give up and believe truly that you can do it and deserve it :-)
  • hellokristen
    hellokristen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to the subreddit. Not for the easily offended.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fatlogic/

Funny, I had seen that too and got myself motivated and back on track.
    For the last few years I've been gaining/losing the same 20lbs. Since March of this year I had gained 9 back when I saw this and it struck a cord. I didn't used to be big. I used to be healthy, consistent, and focused on my health.
    In the last month of using MFP EVERY SINGLE DAY, even when traveling or at a bbq and working out most days (30 day shred and elliptical) I'm down 7 of those pounds I had gained back. That is huge. I've been holding myself accountable and making sure I treat working out as a priority, same as showering, brushing my teeth, and all the other things I do to take care of myself.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Never tried a fad diet, so I guess I skipped the cycle entirely? Yay for doing research before starting!