Green Tea? Fact or fiction

Options
Hey all, just windering if anyone has had success with green tea and weight loss?

Seen a few posts here n there. Also for the British people, which brand do you get?

Thankssssss

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Green tea does not speed up weight loss.

It tastes kinda funky.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Fiction. Drink it if you like the taste, but you will not lose weight just because you do.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Fiction
  • wrighty11146
    wrighty11146 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks for letting me kno, might just stick to my coffee then
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If you like the taste, drink it. I found that hot liquids tend to be really filling for me, so drinking black coffee/tea was helpful for those times where I am hungry but have a little while to go before my next scheduled meal.

It's not going to make you magically lose weight without any effort, though.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea everyday and have lost over 30 lbs. Is this because of the tea? No
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love green tea and I think it is healthy for you in the sense that there's lots of antioxidants and such - but I don't believe it does anything to help with weight loss.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I drink tea every day. Green, black, iced, hot. Tea is awesome. Tea isn't, however, magic! For me, it's just a way to keep my fluid intake up without plain water all day long. If I'm having an upset tummy day, a cuppa with a dab of cream can calm things.

I love Harney and Sons teas. I've yet to find a bad one. The Blueberry Green and Hot Cinnamon Spice almost made me come to Jesus. YUM!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Every study I read had the drinkers drinking bucket-loads of green tea a day or taking a supplement...... And at the very most it may increase your metabolism by 1-4% yearly, which equates to an extra lb a year..... Um, no thanks.

I like the taste of green tea and I do think it has other health benefits, but magic weight loss? Nope.
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd heard that green tea is apparently not much different to regular tea in terms of health benefits. Although you're not going to have half a pint of milk and two sugars in green tea!

I love my tea, can't survive without my morning cuppa. Even my two year old says 'cuppa tea' when I put the kettle on!!
  • wrighty11146
    Options
    Thabks for more updates, im currently dieting, running, xbox fitness and starting weights tommoz.

So it sounds like just stick to my guns. Lost 4lbs over the last 4 weeks ao just need to keep going
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Green tea has some great benefits, but it will not accelerate your weight loss plan. It is a great source of antioxidants.

Warning: Like everything else supplements need to be taken in moderation. In the past year my office has become aware of multiple adverse events where providers could not stop the bleeding after injection. The attributable factor was determined to be due to a "Green Tea Regimen" these patients were on (12 cups/day as reported) and inhibited their clotting factors.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I drank green tea religiously for months before I started CICO and it didn't do anything for me.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, green tea is not going to make you lose more weight. Neither will Apple Cider Vinegar.

Many people say it, but it's not true. :)

If you like the tea, by all means, drink it! :) But don't drink it because you think it will make you lose more weight.
  • wrighty11146
    Options
    no worries :)

Well ill keep of it then, hearing people suggest it I thought who better to ask than you lot.

Ill stick to the coffee and just keep working !
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea, white tea and definitely doesn't help with weight loss. They just taste good. :)
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the taste of green tea and sometimes I will have a cup instead of another biscuit, but a consistent calorie deficit helps me lose weight, not the ingredients of the tea.

As for UK Brands, my favourites are Clipper and Twining's - Twining's do just about every green tea flavour combination imaginable.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    fiction - however i love the tase of twinings salted caramel and cherry bakewell. so i drink it for pleasure
  • MissAbbee
    MissAbbee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think drinking green tea for me just means I'm not having my usual white tea with milk and sugar, so helps me that way..
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Green tea isn't fiction. I've got a cup of it right here next to me!