Successes, despite it all

Options
I have been losing very, very slowly (about 1/2 lb a week), but I chose to do it this way because I knew it would be what worked for me. I was tired of feeling deprived on the 1200-1400 calorie diets I used to go on in my 20's, and I had ankle surgery earlier this year that really limits the exercise I'm able to do. So I'm eating between 1400-1600 calories a day and doing pilates 4-5 times a week.

Despite the slow pace and limitations I'm up against, right now, I want to shout from the rooftops:

This is working.
I am treating my body like it's precious.
I am eating in a way that I feel like I can keep up for the rest of my life.
I don't miss overeating.
I feel like my body has learned how to regulate hunger my hunger in a way that supports modest, appropriate portion sizes without going crazy.
I feel strong and flexible.
I am able to focus on ensuring that my body works in a controlled and coordinated way when I use it. Pilates and physical therapy have been immensely helpful in connecting me to the way I use my body. I have also improved the way I hold my body at all times.
I have finally accepted that I am not losing weight to have a different body type (I am pear shaped, with a large-ish chest), but to be better at home in the body I do have.
I'm learning how to dress my shape and not hide my hips and boobs.

Yay for inhabiting MY life and MY body, MY way.

Replies

• hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    great job
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! There isn't a cookie cutter way for everyone to lose weight, keep doing what works for YOU! :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You got it, the rest will follow. The mind and making that connection is the hardest. Once you got that you did it.
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow...SO INSPIRING! I too, am losing fairly slowly. It's great to read about someone who is succeeding in a similar fashion. Congrats on improving your health, your strength and your flexibility. Congrats on treating your body well and finding happiness ALONG the journey - not just at the END of the journey. This made my day :)
  • halleyucaldwell
    halleyucaldwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!