Good Craving Snacks before and during TOM

Options
I can always tell my TOM is approaching when I want to eat chocolate cake and other carb foods... What are the good snacks to replace/combat those cravings?

Replies

• pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Pick up some of the 100 Calorie snacks. I know that they have Joe Louis, Chips a Hoy and Oreo as 100 Calorie snacks. And there is so many other types. PLUS They taste just as yummy!!
  • moonlitrose1989
    moonlitrose1989 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Popcorn often satisfies my carb craving, gives good crunch, and is relatively low-cal for a cup...also almonds really help around that time. Hope this helps!
  • charliebird
    charliebird Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I get two chunks of really dark chocolate (70% cocoa) melt it in the microwave for 10 secs with a teaspoon of skimmed milk (or water) and the dunk in chunks of fruit. Gives me my chocolate fix!!
  • Bella3119
    Bella3119 Posts: 104
    Options
    My fave sweet snack for TOM is non fat yogurt with 1 Dove dark chocolate square smashed into it. Crunch is popcorn. I've heard adding some grated parmesean cheese to the popcorn is good too.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I always make oatmeal, you can make it taste like aaaaanything =)

Ie. Peanut Butter cup oatmeal, cook 1/4c oatmeal with 2tbsp of cocoa powder and 2 packets of sweetener, pour in bowl and add a tbsp of peanut butter on top. approx 185cal

Carrot cake oatmeal, grate 15 baby carrots (pain in the butt, but they're much sweeter) into oatmeal, cook with 1tsp vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, sweetener, and few raisins. Melt 1 tbsp light cream cheese in the microwave and whip with 1-2tbsp of milk. Pour on top of the oatmeal, sprinkle with brown sugar, more cinnamon, and chopped walnuts if you like. Sooo good and about 275cal =)

Personally I like the oatmeal better than anything else I've tried. 100 cal snack packs and stuff don't really satisfy me, they just make me crave more, but the oatmeal fills me up =)
  • MindyLynn77
    MindyLynn77 Posts: 126
    Options
    sugar free chocolate pudding snack pack.... i say that as im having my TOM craving and sitting at my desk eating one!!! its so rich, it TOTALLY knocks the craving out!!!!!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Pick up some of the 100 Calorie snacks. I know that they have Joe Louis, Chips a Hoy and Oreo as 100 Calorie snacks. And there is so many other types. PLUS They taste just as yummy!!

Yep this is my vice during the dreaded TOM;' love the Mister Salty Milk Chocolate Pretzels! I get the salty and sweet all in one snack. Also I opt for fudgsicles, the low fat or surgar free are low in calories (however sugar free tastes like cardboard in my humble opinion, so I go for the fat free)! As thea bove post stated, sugar free pudding too!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Two votes for sugar free chocolate pudding, I mix it with berries! Also, Skinny Cow makes these Dream Cluster pouches that are like 120 calories. They are like baby "turtle" clusters... so good. There's not a lot in there but just enough to fix the craving. I usually have them with a glass of milk (8oz) and it helps me feel full and satisfy my craving.

Oh, and a pouch of pretzel M&Ms are only 150 calories. If you get the sweet & salty craving, that's the way to go.
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I got some good ideas~
    I just picked up Pretzel M&M today over Peanut M&M. I began reading calories as I chose the snack at the store, that's a good thing, isn't it?
    I should buy some yogurt and pudding too, that sounds good! thanks!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Chocolate almond milk unsweetened with 1 scoop of strawberry/banana protein powder....approx 150 calories, super filling, 2 carb, 1 fat, and 24 protein. Blended with ice makes it frosty.

I like 100 calorie yogurt covered pretzel packs, 5 cal jello with light cool whip. I also like a tbls of nutella on whole wheat pita or english muffin. A low calorie hot chocolate or coffee mocha. Quinoa with splenda or dried fruit.

If all else fails call it a cheat day and eat every peice of chocolate within a 10 mile radius (lol.....just kidding but that's how I feel sometimes!!)