Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Options
Ive started Jillians dvd as my friend ( who was always fit ) showed me her before & after pics and all i thought was wow, ive just did my first day & omg i feel it, seeing if anyone else would want to do this through August.

Replies

• gemmi33
    gemmi33 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey... I'll do it with you. I got the DVD a few months back but didn't ever really get started! Count me in :-)
  • jessicahillierx
    jessicahillierx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've just started it! Let's do it together
  • gemmi33
    gemmi33 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Y
    I've just started it! Let's do it together

yay :-)
  • lwillis12
    lwillis12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started it as well. I like it. A little of everything. I just haven't figured out how many calories you actually burn.
    If you ladies find out let me know.
    But you will enjoy it, it is an awesome workout !!! You Can Do It!!!
  • Louz163
    Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Brilliant
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    The calorie burn calculation is very similar to a general circuit training. Infact, when I calculated my personal burn it was exactly the same,but I still created a separate cardio workout to log it in.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    How many calories you burn depends greatly on your size and how much effort you are putting into it.

I am 5'7", weigh 130 pounds, and I can do almost the whole thing on high impact using 5 pound weights. I'm drenched in sweat and can barely breathe at the end. I use a heart rate monitor to find my burn, and it's usually in the 250 range.
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!! I really want to get stronger by September and my 2 months of yoga gave me some basic core strength to tackle this program.
    Good luck to us all
  • sophomorelove
    Options
    On youtube there are levels 1,2, and 3. Does anyone here know what it mean? Do I need to increase the level every 10 days or stay on the same one for 30 days?
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Start with level 1. Most people do each level for 10 days, some people move up to the next level when they feel ready. Stick with it, you will be really sore the first few days if you aren't used to working out, but don't quit! Also, you might want to take some before pictures and measurements. The weight loss isn't usually as dramatic as the changes in how you look & feel!
  • sophomorelove
    Options
    aren't we supposed to give the muscles time to recover? I will research this more and maybe decide to alternate with Jillian's other videos. In any case, I'm committing to 30 days of woking out, no breaks and no excuses.
  • Louz163
    Options
    Ive just done level 1 there & from the app on my phone it says ive burned 138 calories, will prob be different for everyone tho
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been playing with the idea for weeks. :) I'm going to stream it through the ps3 to my TV.
  • Louz163
    Options
    svjzevca74tl.jpg
  • jujuev
    jujuev Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did u guys buy the DVDs or are they online for free?
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm doing mine online for now
    The Dvd only costs £5 on Amazon but I'm waiting as Tescos sell them for the same price( no delivery fee!) ... but they are out of stock atm
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 5. I love it and just ordered the 6 week 6 pack and ripped in 30. It's tough but I am already seeing results.
    You can watch levels 1-3 in YouTube for free but only level one of the others. Feel free to add me.
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 4 level 1, much better than day 1. whew!
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 6 done!
  • NicoleK31
    NicoleK31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last day of level one. Here are my tips for this level:
    - Modify the exercises as needed. It's better to modify and keep pushing through then to take breaks
    - do the push ups! Even if you do them on your knees, push through and you will see a huge difference in this area by day 4
    - wear running shoes. I went up to day 4 without and my knees were hurting. On day 5 I put on runners and now the knee pain is gone.
    - start off with no weights and work slowly into them if your arms aren't very strong
    - take a rest day if you need to.

Best of luck everyone!