Greetings from a South Jersey Pizza Addict

Options
Hi all. I was overweight my entire life, and a yo-yo dieter. A few years ago I got my act together and lost 35 pounds on Weight Watchers and was finally considered a healthy weight and I felt fantastic. Of course I had to eat like a rabbit to maintain that weight. Then I met a man who's an amazingly good cook and now I've got fantastic dinners to contend with as well as our love of going out to eat. And then there's pizza. Ahh, pizza. My friend. My nemesis. I heart it so much! Anyway, I gained back a good 20 pounds over the last two years (also due to a medication that I recently stopped taking). So I'm trying to get back to my healthy weight. Figured I'd try the calorie counting this time. WW definitely worked for me, but I'm trying MyFitnessPal this time. Wish me luck! Been going strong for a week now, so we'll see tomorrow what weigh-in brings!

Replies

• melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! I totally get that! My husband loves to cook on the weekends and his homemade pizza is to die for! It's mostly a matter of portion control and being more active.
    I log everyday and I log everything! Feel free to add me :)
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    so....what exit? :) Seriously, I'm just a bit north of you, and I'm not sure whether to feel sympathy or jealousy that your guy is such a great cook. Good luck and feel free to add me also if you like!
  • airic7
    airic7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    love love LOVE PIZZA too....but i love too cook too, and feel i eat healthier when I cook at home. my problem is, i think, i don't know when to quit. that's why i started mfp. So good luck everyone! Add me!
  • mjenkins74mj
    mjenkins74mj Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm not in NJ, but I've been to AC several times and can see why your a pizza addict... Lol
  • Tarasaurus_Rex
    Tarasaurus_Rex Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in Turnersville, so I'm right at the top of the AC Expressway. I could eat all day, almost nonstop. Luckily I work out at least 6 days a week, or I'd be in even more trouble. It's hard to manage some days, but I did it once before, so I know I can do it again. Honestly the hardest part is getting started with the losing. Once it starts to come off it becomes infinitely easier to stick to the plan since I'm seeing results.
  • Tarasaurus_Rex
    Tarasaurus_Rex Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Here i am back again a year after first posting this. I actually did lose again and have been doing well but the fall season is usually where i start to falter so i want to get ahead of this before i gain again. I simultaneously love and hate this season. It makes me want to sleep constantly. And the comfort foods! Sigh. It's time to get back on that MFP wagon!