no motivation put on a stone in the last 6 months!!

Options
Hi everyone, lost my mum in jan and ever since i have been stuffing my face, i do gym once a week and walk 8-10 miles once a week. thing is when i get home from work i just cant be bothered doing anything as im so tired!! my upper abdomen is the fattest part of me at the moment and i hate it... i really want to get moving ( even bought a bike) but again, after work im so tired!! i need motivation, i used be so active and healthy urghhh help me

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Workout before work or at lunch time. IF it's something you REALLY want, you'll make it a priority. If not, nothing anyone says will really matter. Motivation is an internal thing. You can be encouraged and inspired, but it's still gotta be you to make the move.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bkate24
    bkate24 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Are you depressed? I'm not a doctor but overeating, tiredness etc after losing a loved one could be depression. It might be worth going to your GP or finding someone who can help with grief counseling, etc.

Also, this is hard but try not to focus on hating yourself, because we don't want to care for and nurture things/people we hate. Focus on caring for yourself and then once you've invested care in your body/self, you'll want to continue caring for yourself. Think of a little shoot that you help grow into a baby plant. Now that you've cared for it a bit, you really are invested in keeping it healthy, right?

So: "I'm going to care for myself by going for a walk."
    "I'm going to treat myself by giving myself a meal full of vegetables that have good nutrition."
  • jenniferozzy
    jenniferozzy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks will try my very hardest to snap out of this
  • blessedbyjol8
    blessedbyjol8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Grief is a powerful thing. When I lost my dad 10 yrs ago..it completely altered my life. Mentally, emotionally and physically. I was definitely deeply depressed for the first 6 months. It's easy thing to do..to fall into depression after such a blow to your life. All I would say is be aware that you need support..whether that be talking to a counsellor, a support group or just a close friend you know and love. You mentioned you were healthy and active before..I'm sure you will be that once again. Be gentle on yourself. Give yourself the time you need to heal. You will get back to yourself again. Take care!
  • dfree4wb
    dfree4wb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! :)
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon
  • jenniferozzy
    jenniferozzy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone xxx