Quick and easy breakfast recipes?

xiKGx
xiKGx Posts: 2 Member
I haven't much time on a morning before work so does anyone know any quick and easy breakfast recipes that are low in calories?

Replies

• isalove78
    isalove78 Posts: 1 Member
    I usually do the night before one tbsp of chia seed 68 (Calories) and 8oz (one cup) unsweet almondmilk (30 calories. Leave it in the refrigerator over night to make chia pudding. In the morning i just dress it up. You can add raw honey or fruits. I usually eat mine with half of a banana and some blueberries.

Other times i add coconut flakes and cinnamon. You can add whatever you like to it.
  • mlz1413
    mlz1413 Posts: 10 Member
    Yogurt with nuts / seeds / fruit.
    Buy a big tub of 0% fat yogurt and a selection of small bags of mixed seeds / nuts / fruit and and daily put a measure into a bowl and eat or put in a air tight tub and take to work to eat at your desk.
    Takes minutes and you can have a different flavour each day.

Oh and frozen berries are good to but you do need to remember to defrost 20 mins before eating.
  • xiKGx
    xiKGx Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Usually my breakfasts are just something I grab and go- whole wheat waffles, yogurt, or whole fruits. When I have time I like to make whole wheat Thomas English muffins with egg, cheese, tomato. That used to be my staple! I like to make muffin quiches. I modify mine by skipping the milk and meat. I think when I made a batch of 6, it came out to 50-something calories for each muffin. And I ate 2-3 each morning. Sadly it doesn't keep well for more than a day or two. You just have to nuke it in the microwave if you make it the night before. But it's really yummy.
    http://www.slenderkitchen.com/quiche-cupcakes/
  • megsCA
    megsCA Posts: 42 Member
    I make Egg white muffins on Sundays. Use 1/3 cup liquid egg whites and add broccoli, asparagus, spinach or green beans. My husband likes them with salsa and light cheese. I bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. cool them and either pack them 2 per bag for a week or freeze them. I eat them just plain, but hubs likes to squish them between an English muffin and make a quick sandwich.
  • iammygirlsmom
    iammygirlsmom Posts: 17 Member
    I'm newly addicted to overnight oats! I have an entire board of them pinned on Pinterest:) SO many ways to make them to your taste. East, convenient, healthy-so much to love about them!