Coffee makes me feel guilty

Options
I suppose i should just stop drinking it, I only have a small cup every few days.

I log the skim milk i use and use 0 calorie sweetener packets but after i drink it i feel like its really more calories then it is. I never used to be much of a coffee drinker so giving it up won't be an issue, but why does this drink cause me to think this way?

Replies

• jaeisla
    jaeisla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I cant relate. Coffee is my only vice. According to MFP its 0 cal. Its all the creamers and syrups people add that makes it bad. If you are ordering frapps from Starbucks then you are in big trouble!

I would recommend using coffee as a positive reinforcement tool. Only drink it after a work out. That might take the guilt away.
  • tdr82
    tdr82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A good quality coffee is always needed. It's also a good way to kick start the day after a morning workout.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my happiness in a cup.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I am also willing to accept that i am crazy. :*

Good, you are on the right track :)
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have felt this way too. Like my coffee is so yummy it cant possibly be under 200 cals lol. But if you are logging your milk and sugar accurately dont worry about it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    coffee is fine.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Even if coffee is like 5cal/cup, if it's something you enjoy I'm sure you can fit it in... unless you're drinking like 20 cups a day.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I am definitely crazy, coffee is the only thing that keeps me sane :-D
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    Not giving up my coffee or my creamer. I am still melting inches and lbs, so apparently I work it off. I have 2-3 cups a day with 1 tsp of sweet creamer. I will have black tea at night with a 1tsp of agave as well. Hasn't hurt my weight loss one bit. I say go for it!
  • threedogswc
    threedogswc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Must have my coffee even if it means I have to walk a little further. Any diet or lifestyle change that says I can't have my coffee can go to hell. :D
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am also willing to accept that i am crazy. :*

QFT
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    LOL aw no I do the same thing! But it's not as low as yours, I have a half cup of 1% milk and 2 teaspoons of sugar in it. That makes it higher than black tea where depending on the type I maybe have a 1/2 teaspoon sugar with 1/4 cup 1% milk.

I should try a lowcal sweetener instead, like you. Also if it's after noon I know the caffeine might keep me up at night....so I feel guilty about that too... I'm pretty sure it's just in my head, because there are other things with many more calories I should be addressing other than coffee and tea. :#
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite! I like to have coffee in the mornings, obvs, but I also use it as a substitute for dessert after lunch. I do use regular creamer though, two servings, together it's 70 calories. But instead of having a giant cookie/cupcake/etc that seem to flow freely around my office, or a tiny bite size chocolate that almost has 70 calories by itself (well, 2 bite sized candies, who am I kidding), and only enjoying those for a minute or two, I get my 70 calorie coffee with creamer and get to enjoy it for the next 20 minutes, knowing that I'm consuming less calories than I would had I chose differently.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Coffee rules! I have a cup of black coffee (island coconut k-cups are great. Nice sweet flavor) when I wake up and it keeps me from cleaning out the kitchen.