any uk ladies take the pill yasmin...

Options

Replies

• thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    isn't that stuff being recalled or linked to all kinds of side effects?

i'd just throw it in the garbage.
  • katy5692
    katy5692 Posts: 140
    Options
    i'm on yasmin and i'd love for some extra packets! (my doctors is really far away, and appointments re hard to come by)

arent you kind :flowerforyou:

Katy xx
  • katy5692
    Options

i've been on yasmin for a year and a half and had zero problems at all... sure i;d know about it by now if it was dangerous :tongue:
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Yes.... they had to change something about it... or the way they market it. Supposedly it can cause heart problems or strokes. Every "drug" goes through this though... it's a risk we all take whenever we are on medication. Glad I rarely take meds!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Yasmine was my favorite BC but my clinic doesn't supply it, so I've tried 4 different kinds since...my poor fiance, we gauge the pill by how bad my PMS is lol
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options

i've been on yasmin for a year and a half and had zero problems at all... sure i;d know about it by now if it was dangerous :tongue:

a friend of mine's wife just had major surgery due to complications from this pill. and now they have been approached by the family of a young girl who died from taking that pill.
  • katy5692
    Options
    Yasmine was my favorite BC but my clinic doesn't supply it, so I've tried 4 different kinds since...my poor fiance, we gauge the pill by how bad my PMS is lol

oh dear, poor fiance :tongue:

i've never really had a BC that has disagreed with me to be honest, feel like i've stay on yasmin forever :happy:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    isn't this a prescription drug? If it is I wouldn't advise giving them away or advertising that your giving them away.
  • jade_85
    jade_85 Posts: 96
    Options
    god how awful poor woman :( hope shes ok
    ok katie ill send u them xxx
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I went absolutely INSANE because of Yasmin (and several other women I know.) Uncontrollable depression, it was horrible.
  • CapnWain
    CapnWain Posts: 10
    Options
    My wife had blood clots and a mini-stroke. They traced it back to this medicine.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    My wife had blood clots and a mini-stroke. They traced it back to this medicine.

This is possible on all forms of contraceptive pills unfortunately, as far as I know. Sorry about your wife :(
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I was one it for a short time, i HATED it! it made me really aggressive, i had a three week TotM!

The nurse gave me it to lose weight - which worked - but had awful side effects. So i'm happily back on microgynon now.

Katie
    x
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Yasmin is the one and only birthcontrol I have been on. I was prescribed it at 15 for acne ( never quite worked) and am still on it at 21. I have never had any side effects, it seems all birth controls have similar issues. What other onese have you had good success with? There are so many out there!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i used to take it... then after i stopped i had to get my gallbladder removed because of it...