Chicken Ideas

Options
Help!!! I love chicken and am looking for some new chicken ideas to cook for a quick meal.

Replies

• tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    marinate them in garlic, ginger, soy sauce, cayenne pepper for about 2 hours or more. then grill. put red peppers, any veggies sliced up in tin foil with a spray of oil and grill along side of it. or stick on a kabob. yUMMY!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Season with garlic powder, salt/pepper and cover in curry powder.
    Pack on both sides with some light brown sugar and bake in 400 degree oven until cooked through.
    Usually 20 to 30 minutes,
    Delish :)
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Go onto Womens Health website and look for their article titled Cook once, Eat for a week for $28. It cost me more than $28 (More like $50) but they are all chicken recipes and very yummy :P
  • jduflo
    jduflo Posts: 1
    Options
    I just made a new chicken sandwhich spread.
    It's 1 block of cream cheese (1/3 less fat), 2 cans of chicken. Then you take a handfull of raw broccoli and raw carrots and chop them up really small (I used a food processor to make them little bits). Then mix that into the cream cheese and chicken. I added a little garlic salt too.

This is great on crackers or spread out on a whole wheat tortilla.

Lots of protein.
  • swimtaxi
    swimtaxi Posts: 20
    Options
    I made Gina's Skinny Taste Crockpot Santa fe chicken and it was wonderful. Took 10 minutes to put in the crockpot, then 3 minutes to shred the chicken at the end of the day...with frozen rice that heats up in 3 minutes it was definitely a quick meal.
  • carrieann58
    Options
    I just made a new chicken sandwhich spread.
    It's 1 block of cream cheese (1/3 less fat), 2 cans of chicken. Then you take a handfull of raw broccoli and raw carrots and chop them up really small (I used a food processor to make them little bits). Then mix that into the cream cheese and chicken. I added a little garlic salt too.

This is great on crackers or spread out on a whole wheat tortilla.

Lots of protein.

Sounds Yummy:)
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    "Fix It and Forget It"

Need - Crock pot, chicken, & Salsa

throw it all in the crock pot and cook until done (leave it on low/med if you're going to be gone all day)
    You can also do this in the oven - bake for about 30 mins, or until done, at 325.

Serve with veggies, rice, pasta.... your choice. :D

Personally, I tend to go to food.com for all of my "need something different" food ideas.
  • missymarea
    missymarea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I did this last nite........was AWESOME and very flavorable! And it just doesn't get any easier.

I pounded a chicken breast pretty thin.........took 2 wedges of Laughing Cow "Garlic & Herb" flavor. I kind of spread it on one side of the flattened chicken breast. Used a little cracked black pepper and just a little garlic salt and then rolled it up.......put in a baking dish.
    45 min at 350.
    DELICIOUS and super simple.
    I can't wait to try the other flavors of Laughing Cow for this.....like the Chipotle and the Sun Dried Tomato! YUM!
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did this last nite........was AWESOME and very flavorable! And it just doesn't get any easier.

I pounded a chicken breast pretty thin.........took 2 wedges of Laughing Cow "Garlic & Herb" flavor. I kind of spread it on one side of the flattened chicken breast. Used a little cracked black pepper and just a little garlic salt and then rolled it up.......put in a baking dish.
    45 min at 350.
    I can't wait to try the other flavors of Laughing Cow for this.....like the Chipotle and the Sun Dried Tomato! YUM!

So trying this, thanks for posting :)
  • newmein2011
    Options

45 min at 350.

Yes, Laughing Cow Cheese used this way is wonderful! Also can use Pictsweet brocolli and cheese - in red box - nuke it, mix it up with the cheese already in there...spread it on the chicken along with the Laughing cow cheese. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Baste with egg white and then coat with powdered Fiber Once cereal with seasonings (make your own batter by crushing the original Fiber One cereal and add your own seasonings). This way you get like a batter full of fiber - makes you feel full longer! My skinny husband is not on a diet, but LOVES the new recipes Hungry Girl is turning me on to! :tongue:
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have a low cal enchilada recipe for chicken! It was a hit with my whole family!

"Quick Chicken Enchiladas"

Ingredients:
    1 can condensed nacho cheese soup (regular cheese soup is fine)
    1/2cup milk
    3 cups cooked, diced chicen meat
    1/2 salsa
    1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles (I usually leave these out because salsa has them too)
    10 (8 in) flour tortillas

Directions:
    preheat oven to 375
    in small bowl mix together cheese soup and milk
    in medium bowl combine chicken, salsa, chiles and ONLY 2 tablespoons of the soup-milk mixture. Spread about 1/3cup chicken mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Place tortillas in a lightly greased, 3 quart baking dish, and spread remaining soup-milk mixture on top. ( I always top with extra shredded cheese)
    Bake for 30 minutes

It has about 343 calories per serving :)
  • mriricat23
    mriricat23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Made the BEST chicken on the grill last night... it was AWESOME! Take your boneless skinless chicken breast and season with alt and pepper (I used adobo instead of the s and p) lay sliced tomato on the top of the chicken, add mozz cheese and chopped fresh basil... wrap it up in a heavy duty tin foil package and grill for 15 minutes.... seriously it was awesome! got the recipe off of kaboose.com
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    BUMPING AGAIN TO KEEP EM COMING!!
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    ******bump******
  • ElleW88
    ElleW88 Posts: 6
    Options
    That sounds positively delightful!