Green Tea? Fact or fiction

Options
2»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Can green tea aid weight loss?

It is thought the antioxidants catechins and caffeine in green tea may have a role in helping the body burn more calories – sometimes referred to as speeding up the metabolism – which can help weight loss.

Green tea preparations used for losing weight are extracts of green tea that contain a higher concentration of catechins and caffeine than the typical green tea beverage prepared from a tea bag and boiling water. A well-conducted review from 2012 of 18 studies involving 1,945 people found no significant effect of drinking green tea on weight loss.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just windering if anyone has had success with green tea and weight loss?

Seen a few posts here n there. Also for the British people, which brand do you get?

Thankssssss

[img][/img]p6a0w.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Green tea isn't fiction. I've got a cup of it right here next to me!

LOL. :D
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a tea aficionado and he turned me onto Rishi Tea - specifically Bao Zhong (Pouchong). Very tasty!
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Green tea is awesome, if you like it. It has some caffeine but not quite as much as black tea or coffee, if you want a bit less caffeine in your life. It could be a good 3pm pick-me-up instead of a muffin, etc. I prefer herbal teas at night to help with late night snacking.

But this is horrifying, don't do this:
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Green tea has some great benefits, but it will not accelerate your weight loss plan. It is a great source of antioxidants.

Warning: Like everything else supplements need to be taken in moderation. In the past year my office has become aware of multiple adverse events where providers could not stop the bleeding after injection. The attributable factor was determined to be due to a "Green Tea Regimen" these patients were on (12 cups/day as reported) and inhibited their clotting factors.

• sam633
    sam633 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a few frens who share their experience that green tea does really help them to lose weight.
    For me, I notice that whenever I drink green tea I will feel hungry 2 hrs after lunch! I think it does help to boost my metabolism.
    I'm Asian. We love our tea! :)
  • FatGurlPrblmz
    FatGurlPrblmz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Green tea helps to maintain metabolic health. Nothing overall magical about it. However there are a few other teas that may help assist more in weight loss and burning fat.
    *Oolong Tea reduces cholesterol and can assist in fat burning.
    *Pu-erh Tea assists in shrinking fat cells.
    *White Tea slows down the body's capability to absorb fat while promoting stress reduction.
    *Hibiscus Tea (also known as Jamica) contains minerals that can help reduce absorption of fat and also assists in curving cravings for sweets.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Green tea isn't fiction. I've got a cup of it right here next to me!
    LOL

• justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I do like green tea, but it makes my tummy make some pretty weird noises. Kinda gurgles in a way that sound like a question, haha! Oolong jasmine is very nice and delicate. My favorite green tea, though is a cold one "blueberry/pomegranate" at Trader Joe's. (Sorry, that isn't British!)
  • BirdyWeirdy77
    BirdyWeirdy77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    people probably lose weight from tea because its a diuretic.