Steps not being added into diary

Options
has anyone else had issues with there steps not being added to there diary. I am using my IPhone 6 as my step counter. I haven't had any issues with it until about 4 or so days ago. I have cleared my home screen, deleted step counter then re added it. That will fix it but after a day or 2 it starts again.

Replies

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I use Polar Flow, it's not adding either,
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    In the mfp app, tap more in the bottom right, then tap steps. Make sure that "iPhone" is selected. On your device, go to settings | general | privacy | motion & fitness. make sure that fitness tracking is enabled, and that MFP has access to the motion and fitness data.
  • steveb189
    steveb189 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi does anyone use the withings activite watch?I can get my steps to show up in the withings app fine but I can't get the steps or food to be shared between the two apps can anyone help
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    steveb189 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone use the withings activite watch?I can get my steps to show up in the withings app fine but I can't get the steps or food to be shared between the two apps can anyone help

(assuming iphone--don't know android) go to the mfp app, tap more, go to steps. if you don't see the withings app there, add it. you'll need to auth to withings before mfp can access it. once this is done, make sure withings is selected as your step source.
  • wannabf1t
    wannabf1t Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I use polar flow too and it has never added my steps. It only counts my exercise but even that is not very accurate.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    edited August 2015
    Options
    wannabf1t wrote: »
    I use polar flow too and it has never added my steps. It only counts my exercise but even that is not very accurate.

you have to set it to add your steps, mine was adding until 2 days ago, how are you determining the accuracy? I've look at the "recommended charts and formula's" and they are all over the place?

My steps show up on my phone apps, not on the website.

• fire532001
    fire532001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It has been working just stared not counting steps. Not doing it everyday I did go to the settings and it checked off. I did get it to work by taking the step counter off then re adding it back on. But after a day or 2 it would start not counting steps have to repeat taking it off then adding it again.
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've been having trouble with my steps and negative calorie adjustments not being updated either. I've disconnected on both apps, reconnected, enabled step tracking, logged out and in and still nothing. I also use Polar Flow. The app and watch are syncing fine and my Health App on my iPhone is also syncing fine. It's just MFP that's not working.

ETA: it was working perfectly fine until the last 3-4 days.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Same here! MFP app stopped logging my steps yesterday - must be an issue with the app itself since we are all having the same problem. I updated my phone a few days ago...I wonder if the newer version has an issue?

My Fitbit steps aren't being counted either. Doesn't matter if I am on the app or the website. MFP is once again screwing up.

• wannabf1t
    wannabf1t Posts: 94 Member
    Options

you have to set it to add your steps, mine was adding until 2 days ago, how are you determining the accuracy? I've look at the "recommended charts and formula's" and they are all over the place?

My steps show up on my app and on my watch, I don't have a problem there. Now, when I synch to MFP app from the Polar Flow app, the info on MFP is always off. It usually rounds the time ( if my run took me 31:05 mins it rounds it to 32), also it the calories burned are always less than what my polar says. It is annoying but I just adjust it manually. MFP has never showed my steps from polar on the app.

When you say I need to set it up to add the steps, how do I do it?

Thanks
  • Tunderlala
    Tunderlala Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    In the mfp app, tap more in the bottom right, then tap steps. Make sure that "iPhone" is selected. On your device, go to settings | general | privacy | motion & fitness. make sure that fitness tracking is enabled, and that MFP has access to the motion and fitness data.

Thank you!!
  • ScubaSteve1962
    edited August 2015
    Options

My steps show up on my app and on my watch, I don't have a problem there. Now, when I synch to MFP app from the Polar Flow app, the info on MFP is always off. It usually rounds the time ( if my run took me 31:05 mins it rounds it to 32), also it the calories burned are always less than what my polar says. It is annoying but I just adjust it manually. MFP has never showed my steps from polar on the app.

When you say I need to set it up to add the steps, how do I do it?

Thanks

On the apple device on your home page the 3 dots in the bottom right corner and you should see steps in the menu, just pick polar as your device.

For android it's the top left corner, go settings and steps, add a device.

Also if you have negative adjustment, it will adjust for total calories from your device, and not MFP projected calories.

• carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this on my iPhone. Is it pretty accurate?