Withings Smart Body Analyzer

Options
Picked one of these up last night because my old scale kept freaking out on me, and I was beginning to question its accuracy.

www2.withings.com/us/en/products/smart-body-analyzer/

The carpet feet don't work very well on plush carpet though. But what I did do was peel the glass top off my old scale, and put the Whithings on top of it on the carpet and it works perfectly that way.

It measure my weight, body fat, resting heart rate, and CO2 level of the room. I can also display the current weather, and steps taken if I want. It syncs up with my Garmin Connect as well as MFP too.

Very accurate, and reads exactly the same on the hard floor and on the glass top of my old scale on the carpet. It also zeros itself automatically if I move it, which is something my old scale did not do unless I kept stepping on and off of it, and even then I questioned the accuracy.

Replies

• Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wow, for $149, it better ask you how your day is going, too! Whoa!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    bcalvanese wrote: »
    Picked one of these up last night because my old scale kept freaking out on me, and I was beginning to question its accuracy.

www2.withings.com/us/en/products/smart-body-analyzer/

The carpet feet don't work very well on plush carpet though. But what I did do was peel the glass top off my old scale, and put the Whithings on top of it on the carpet and it works perfectly that way.

It measure my weight, body fat, resting heart rate, and CO2 level of the room. I can also display the current weather, and steps taken if I want. It syncs up with my Garmin Connect as well as MFP too.

Very accurate, and reads exactly the same on the hard floor and on the glass top of my old scale on the carpet. It also zeros itself automatically if I move it, which is something my old scale did not do unless I kept stepping on and off of it, and even then I questioned the accuracy.

As long as you know the bf reading will be bollocks
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    $149 for that?

Lol.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the positive support. :(
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Wut?

It's a scale

It automatically updates on to fitbit and trendweight and MFP

You bought it cos you liked it

But the bf reading is based on Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis up one leg down the other and are known to be out ...sometimes by 7-10%

You can use it to measure change in BF over months but that's about all
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Also in terms of accuracy stick a dumbbell on it or something you know the weight of to check
  • starlitwaters
    starlitwaters Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the regular Withings scale that just measures weight and BMI. Works pretty well. :)
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Well it got great reviews, and was among the top 10 scales on a few review sites that I checked.

Oh well... I'll look at the bright side... It's probably not the worst scale to get.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    looks cool
    have fun with it. there are a few smart scales out there now. I liked the look of that one