Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Taking Stairs

I am taking the stairs to get some exercise at work. How do i log taking the stairs for my exercise? Any suggestions?

Replies

• :smile:

I think it would depend on how many floors it is and how many times a day you take the stairs. Is this something you are doing in place of like a lunch break or something. I just think it really depends on how it's actually being done. I have two sets of stairs I take to get into work each day................I don't count those.
  • feelee30
    feelee30 Posts: 5
    I was trying to do the same but I dont see it as an option in the exercise on here....im doing the same and have no clue when you find out please let me know too
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    If you have access to a stairmaster, your calorie burn should be similar per step.
    If it's only a couple of floors a couple of times a day, I wouldn't count it since it's unlikely to be significant on a daily basis. In other words, you don't need to worry about eating your 20 stair calories to avoid starvation. But, 20 calories x 365 = 2 lbs. of fat loss (or at least reduced fat gain) per year.