Fitness Pal and Special K challenge

spraguels
spraguels Posts: 3
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
I am using Fitness Pal to count my calories but I am also only eating things through the Special K Challenge. I started the Challenge yesterday and already struggled last night with junk food cravings. Every night after I put our daughter down for bed, I can a sudden urge to come out in our living room and just snack on junk. Chips, cookies, seeds, ice cream...whatever I feel like. And every night I would give in. But I am happy to say, I didn't bend last night! I ate about 9 M&M's that tallied up the rest of my allotted calories for my day:) I know I will struggle with the junk food cravings for awhile but I also know I can surpass them! I am no longer ok with having a belly bulge that looks like my bff's who is 4months pregnant. It's time for a new ME:)

Replies

• roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    I tried the Special K Challenge, but I lasted about 2 days. I don't think it has enough calories, but I'm not sure. I do know that the shakes are good, but I end up thinking, "well that was good, what's for breakfast?"

I think your body might be yelling at you to get junk food because you are truly hungry Maybe cut up strawberries and stick in the freezer? Then, when you are craving junk food, pull out the strawberries - you have to eat them slowly because they are frozen. They taste like mini strawberry smoothes, and it satisfies.

Good luck!!!
  • manny_bee
    manny_bee Posts: 62 Member
    be sure to pay attention to your sugar when eating all those prepackaged bars and things. i know from experience that when given too much sugar in the day i crave it like crazy at night. it's pretty addictive and that might be why you are craving junk at night. (then again, i stopped eating too much sugar and all i wanted yesterday was a hotdog and a bag of doritos, so sometimes it's the deperavation and just wanting what you cant have)
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    I tried the Special K Challenge, but I lasted about 2 days. I don't think it has enough calories, but I'm not sure. I do know that the shakes are good, but I end up thinking, "well that was good, what's for breakfast?"

I think your body might be yelling at you to get junk food because you are truly hungry Maybe cut up strawberries and stick in the freezer? Then, when you are craving junk food, pull out the strawberries - you have to eat them slowly because they are frozen. They taste like mini strawberry smoothes, and it satisfies.

Good luck!!!

I have done the special K diet 3 times. #1- 6lbs lost (1.5 weeks) #2- 4lbs lost (1 week) #3- 2lbs lost (1 week)

I do the cinnamon pecan cereal for breakfast with 1% milk and mandarin oranges, for lunch I do the chocolate peanut butter meal replacement bar with 1cup green beans a serving of broccoli and 1 cup corn. Then I have a normal dinner. It works well for me! Since you can eat as many fruits and veggies as you want with it you can cure the hunger problem. Instead of snacking on ice cream try a serving of green beans or corn!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    I tried getting a special k plan but they told me that apparently I was underwent which I'm not so then the would only give me a maintain diet which seemed like a lot of food for me
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    ehh the special k challenge is not that great. you WILL be starving, and you don't eat enough calories, specially if you hare exercising on top of that.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    I tried getting a special k plan but they told me that apparently I was underwent which I'm not so then the would only give me a maintain diet which seemed like a lot of food for me

What is the special K plan?
  • spraguels
    spraguels Posts: 3
    I have strawberries and bananas chopped up and in the freezer so that I can have them for snacks. And I eat a fresh banana or apple with my breakfast and lunch. I'm not a big fan of the Special K snack bars...it's definitely not a good size. So I've been eating the crackers and chips. Much better! In regards to the shakes...yes they are really good. I was pleasantly surprised. And the granola is super good. I'm actually full after I have a bowl w/soy milk and an apple:) Thanks for all the tips everyone. Oh and I am doing a little exercise. Nothing too intense, a 30min yoga session and jogging a mile. I trade off their days so I don't do both in one day. And whatever calories I burn off, I make sure I replace it with another healthy snack or extra veggies in my dinner. I definitely don't want to starve myself! I think I crave the junk food so much because my body is beyond use to it! Before I had my daughter I would eat a bag of hot cheetos every day! And chocolate and any other chips! lol! I never gained weight before my pregnancy but now that my daughter is almost 3yrs old and I never worked off the pregnancy bulge, it just keeps growing! I just want to be in shape.
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    How's the Special K Challenge going?

I found out I can't have gluten, but I still enjoy the shakes (they make a nice instant breakfast). Will go back to them once I move back to regular foods again.

Checking in - anyone who was on the Special K challenge still doing it? Lost what you wanted?
This discussion has been closed.