PCOS/Hormone Friendly Foods?

Options
Beffnaismith
Beffnaismith Posts: 8 Member
I suffer from endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome and I have an underactive thyroid and am looking for foods that compliment weight loss or are good for hormones with these types of conditions?

Please add me, also!

Replies

• atlassmom121
    atlassmom121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I have PCOS too! Low carb high protein diets are recommended for women with PCOS. We're supposed to stay away from non organic dairy and soy. I've lost 100lbs already and working on the last 100. I'll add you to my list!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I don't know about PCOS, but there's no such thing as a thyroid diet. Source: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypothyroidism/expert-answers/hypothyroidism-diet/faq-20058554

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and I lost the weight by learning to log everything I eat & drink accurately and honestly. Logging works.

I followed the advice in the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • kluyben
    kluyben Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and insulin resistance. I am still finding my way but a lot of research I have done is staying away from potatoes, processed foods, refined sugars, bread. Eating whole grains, proteins, fats and carbs with a low glycemic index. Under 50 is the best for you. Exercise plays a big factor because people with PCOS have an extremely hard time losing weight because our bodies do not process carbs and sugars like a regular person.

Feel free to add me if you want to keep in touch or share information and recipes
  • JeepinJenni
    JeepinJenni Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have endometriosis and everything that I have read directs me to a whole food diet. Tons of veggies, fruit and chicken and fish. Avoiding red meat, sugar, and breads is definitely good for you and add in healthy fats in avocado and coconut oil. I'm still working on my healing journey!
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow endo girls! Thank you for this information :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I suffer from endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome and I have an underactive thyroid and am looking for foods that compliment weight loss or are good for hormones with these types of conditions?

Please add me, also!

I suffer from all these things. There is no magic diet. Lots of fad diets, that will only result in overcomplicating things, and possibly making things worse if you try to replace meds or other treatment.