5x5 Warmup Routines

Can anyone recommend a stretching or warm-up routine to use with ath Stronglifts 5x5? Really feeling it in my hips and thighs and I think I need to do a better job of stretching beforehand. I haven't bought the in app warm-up, has anyone?

Replies

• Aussie_in_PA
    Aussie_in_PA Posts: 100 Member
    foam rolling
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I just use the bar without weights on it for a set or two as my warmup.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    I do a dynamic warm-up before hand and start with an empty bar to warm-up. I did see the video from Chris Duffin the other day that I think I'm going to try and incorporate into my warm-ups. Make sure you're really stretching and foam rolling out your legs and hips after your workout too.

http://youtu.be/snKh_MmxVhM
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Starting strength (a very similar program to SL) has a warmup for each exercise this way:
    • 2x5 bar only
    • 1x5 40% working weight
    • 1x3 60% working weight
    • 1x2 80% working weight
    ... then your work sets.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited August 2015
    I never stretch cold muscles. I use the elliptical for about 10 minutes, stretch through dynamic movements, then an empty bar x5, 5@ 50%, 3@85%, then my 5x5.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    I don't think you are supposed to stretch beforehand. check out Muscle and Fitness website and they may have something.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    I do what kami does
  • Giolis
    Giolis Posts: 1,204 Member
    I don't have the premium app but from what I've heard it just adds 2 additional reps at 50% of your lifting weight. So it really becomes 7x5.
    This is also what I do and I find that it helps a lot.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Stronglifts has all of the program and warm up detailed on their website.
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Thanks all