ummm???

Options
So I have been working out for 40 min. 6 days a week for about 2 weeks and haven't even lost a pound. I have done that before for abt a month and I don't lose anything.So I always give up. I also eat right. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• moneil21
    moneil21 Posts: 20
    Options
    ive heard to drink lots of water, and to not put ur body into starvation mode by shorting the calories. 6 days a week! WOW! Good for u!!! Im struggling with getting 3-4 in!! Maybe u just have to give it more time for your body to kick into high gear. I get easily frustrated too and give up easily when i dont see results fast.
  • marathonmommy0205
    Options
    Did you try measuring yourself?
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    maybe you are losing inches instead..gaining muscle
  • mandisu
    mandisu Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Weight loss = calories in < calories out

What are you eating? What calorie deficit do you have MFP set to? Do you log every bite, lick, and sip? Maybe you take medications that interfere with weight loss? Do you have any health problems that you could talk with your doctor about?

Weight loss is a science, but there is more to it than just working out.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you need to measure yourself! I wasn't losing, actually I was gaining but I started measuring myself and I was still losing inches every week!! Do anything to keep your motivation, but I really think that measuring is a good idea. I measure my thighs, calves, waist, hips, and under my bust! Good luck!
  • c_garcia
    c_garcia Posts: 2
    Options
    I just measured my self and its 3 inches less..!!
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I know I've heard that when you start working out your muscles can retain a lot of water from the shock of what they're being put through, which is maybe offsetting any weight you're losing? So I would say stick with it, since you are doing good things for your health by exercising even if you don't lose a pound.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just measured my self and its 3 inches less..!!

Great Job! I'm telling you measuring really kept me going through the weeks where there was no weight loss and especially in the weeks that I gained!! It's a life saver and really I think its what matter more than the weight!