Zumba

Options
I'm starting a Zumba workout today and I was curious if anyone has done it. I'm very excited about it and I've heard you can burn a ton of calories if you work at it. Any thoughts?

Replies

• rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was doing Zumba classes for a while, and would love to get back to it. It is so much fun and you feel sexy while doing it (although there were plenty of times when I felt uncoordinated with the moves, but the key was to just keep going!). But at the same time, it is no joke, and I believe it when they say you burn a ton of calories! Best of luck!
  • suchecm
    suchecm Posts: 23
    Options
    Are you doing the dvd's or a class?I have the Zumba Dvd's and I love them. I have read on here and other places that people who have tried both the dvd's and class say the class is even more fun than the dvd's. Have fun!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I tried the DVD's but had trouble getting into them. It could have been because they were the older version. I go to a class every week now though and have so much fun! It is by far my favorite workout.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a Zumba workout today and I was curious if anyone has done it. I'm very excited about it and I've heard you can burn a ton of calories if you work at it. Any thoughts?

I can't say enough good things about Zumba. With very little diet changes I have lost 20+ lbs. and am continuing to lose. And most importantly it is the first exercise I've tried that I had enough fun at to stick with for this long. I've been doing it 6 days a week since just after Christmas and I actually look forward to it most days. Even the days I have to talk myself into doing it I always enjoy it once I get started, which make talking myself into it easier. Oh, did I say that I love it? :laugh:
  • JamieCRodriguez
    JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Exhilarate DVD Series and like it. I used to go to Zumba classes as well. Very fun. My Zumba instructor said you can burn 600-1,000 calories in an hour depending on how much you put into it! Enjoy : )
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i took the class last year its so fun and you come out with your hair soaking wet if you work hard at it.now i got the zumba for wii and its still fun to do in your own home..have fun
  • dr102
    dr102 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm going to a class and it really is a lot of fun. I definitely felt like I got a workout. I'll keep you updated on my progress, but hopefully it'll help me over the hump so I can get closer to my GW.
  • morechios
    morechios Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes, I have tried the classes and they are very fun!! You are going to love them. You will burn a lot of calories!

GOOD LUCK!:bigsmile:
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    I have Exhilarate as well as another poster, and lemme tell you, I did the 60min wo (Exhilarate) for the very first time this am and not going full force, got me a 604 calorie burn! I can only imagine when i get better!!!!

I was going with a friend to a class, but honestly, it was more "vanilla" than I like, I enjoy the more urban vibe, and like the "raw" energy of this workout!!!!!!

So the next 6 weeks is primarily Zumba, with some CLX and TF mixed in!!!!!!
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    A silly question... but i have been looking to join a zumba class for some time now and my question is - what do you wear? Usual workout clothes? :)

Thanks in advance,
    louise
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba! I go to a class 3 x's a week. It took a few classes to get the moves, but it is a blast. works so many muscle groups. Have fun!!
  • dr102
    dr102 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just wore sweat capris and a tank top. You sweat a lot... Or at least I did.. So I recommend something comfortable that you don't mind sweating in. I also STRONGLY recommend a sport bra. Trust me--you're moving enough that you will want to have one on. ;-)