I just started! Friend me!
  • kuehnv
    kuehnv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How? I'm new with this
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Trying veganism or trying to lose weight?

I've been vegan for almost ten years now.
  • kuehnv
    kuehnv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Both
  • amberjo1986
    amberjo1986 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm transitioning into veganism from vegetarianism.
  • Kghaines
    Kghaines Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've tried in the past and am trying to gain vegan friends for meal ideas and motivation! I am breastfeeding right now so I am afraid to start. .I don't eat meat often it is dairy and eggs that are difficult.
  • SWharton
    SWharton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have just started going on a diet again and am trying to transition into veganism. (Vegetarian for 1 year so far). I am finding in the past week that I have been really tired all the time and yet I have been getting about 7-8 hours sleep and have been eating around the 1200 calorie mark.

I eat a lot of lentils and vegetables so I can reach my Iron and protein targets daily and the only things I dont really reach at times are my fat levels and sometimes calories by about 100-150.

I was wondering if anyone experienced the same thing? I don't want to go to the doctors at the moment because I work full time and can't get to the doctors before or after work due to their opening times which would mean I'd have to take time off to do it which isn't ideal.

And I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with it but before I decided it was time to give vegan a try, I had been eating ALOT of chocolate and fatty foods (and alot of cheese) for about 6 weeks (I know, most unhealthy vegetarian ever :neutral: ). I thought maybe it could just be withdrawal symptoms from all the sugar and dairy I had been consuming?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    SWharton wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have just started going on a diet again and am trying to transition into veganism. (Vegetarian for 1 year so far). I am finding in the past week that I have been really tired all the time and yet I have been getting about 7-8 hours sleep and have been eating around the 1200 calorie mark.

I eat a lot of lentils and vegetables so I can reach my Iron and protein targets daily and the only things I dont really reach at times are my fat levels and sometimes calories by about 100-150.

I was wondering if anyone experienced the same thing? I don't want to go to the doctors at the moment because I work full time and can't get to the doctors before or after work due to their opening times which would mean I'd have to take time off to do it which isn't ideal.

And I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with it but before I decided it was time to give vegan a try, I had been eating ALOT of chocolate and fatty foods (and alot of cheese) for about 6 weeks (I know, most unhealthy vegetarian ever :neutral: ). I thought maybe it could just be withdrawal symptoms from all the sugar and dairy I had been consuming?
    Yes. Put the fats the fats back into your days. :):):)
    Eat your calories. Eat more green leafy plants: swiss chard, kale, romaine, spinach, collards, bok choy, cabbage. Also asparagus, cucumbers, green beans, peas, corn.
    Prioritize your sleep above everything else.
  • SWharton
    SWharton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I enjoy soups and tend to put lots of veggies in them, will that help? :)
  • Tofuli
    Tofuli Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Vegan here!
  • kimbergranola
    kimbergranola Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Long time vegan here. Nursed two vegan babies along the way. All is well!
  • beaperkins
    beaperkins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    30 years meat free - 20 years vegetarian, the past ten vegan.