Need help asap *TMI WARNING*

Options
So I went to the fair tonight in our town. I told myself it comes once a year so enjoy it. I ate pizza, funnel cake, had tons of pop, and fried chicken over the course of the six hours we were there, non-stop walking. Well this is maybe the second time I've had greasy food in like 3 weeks. The last time I had it, it was literately a slice of pizza. I used to be able to eat as much great food as I wanted. Fast food the times a day even. So cutting back was extremely hard but I managed aside from today. Came home and took a shower. *TMI**** I instantly started vomiting and have had noon-stop diarrhea along with severe cramping. I'm absolutely miserable. My boyfriend are everything I did and feels perfectly fine. So my question is, could this indeed be from the grease I ate today? I'm so miserable so I'm just highly concerned. I do not have any friends/family whom have even remotely tried to change their lifestyle so no advice there. Please be generous in your response and remember I'm only paying this out of honesty concern as this is my first time ever changing my diet.

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    In my non professional opinion. It sounds like a fat and grease overload.
    I don't eat as much junk food as I used to, so when I do it inevitability turns into a stomach churning incident. ..
  • alyssalucio397
    alyssalucio397 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    In my non professional opinion. It sounds like a fat and grease overload.
    I don't eat as much junk food as I used to, so when I do it inevitability turns into a stomach churning incident. ..
    Thank you for getting back with me. I've been doing very well without grease and eating extremely healthy. If I would have known it would be this bad I would have never of ate it. I used to eat this way before my lifestyle change so I didn't think just three weeks could make such a difference. What do you do with the stomach aches?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I doubt you would react that way if you only changed your eating habits three weeks ago...especially the vomiting. My guess is you probably ate something that was bad...this is probably mild food poisoning. You'll almost certainly feel better tomorrow. If you don't, then make an appointment with your doctor.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I don't know, kind of sounds like food poisening? Maybe a bad piece of chicken? I've never had a reaction like that after eating a lot of high fat foods. Hope you feel better :)
  • alyssalucio397
    alyssalucio397 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm in bed now and I honestly feel okay after an hour of that. After changing my diet I was barely making bowel movements. After today I feel like it all caught up with me.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    If you are having severe cramps and sweats it could possibly be food poisoning. Also if you have puked more than twice I would say it is likely poisoning..this will last for about 24 hours and then you might be exhausted for another day.

If it is just splashes, with nausea...without persistent vomiting, it could be from the greasy foods. I know when I eat 2 of those Egg McMuffins from mcd's, I get sick now. (By sick I mean, like period cramp cramps, gassy, bloated and nauseous) I used to easily be able to eat 3 and feel fine.

LOTS OF WATER!!! Stay hydrated! Try to sleep if you can...if you cant, it is probably food poisoning.
  • coralp123
    coralp123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I first changed my eating whenever I 'binged' or ate a high carb meal my stomach would bloat to the point of looking like I was heavily pregnant, I would feel so sick and eventually id sick everything that was in my stomach up when it was totally empty (dry heave) i would be fine, this happened quite a few times and I was quite worried I'd damaged something in myself, but now I just see my body hadn't had to deal with the quantity or greasy food for a long time so it didn't know what to do with it, thus it rejected it, now if I have a small portion of something bad I'm fine, just don't over do it now your not used to it xx
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This happens to me when i overeat... Feel better...
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Food poisoning. If you vomit and have diarrhea, odds are it is food poisoning, especially if you didn't interact with someone who was sick (with something like a norovirus)

When I eat super fatty and greasy food I get the runs for a small amount of time, but it has always been that way. I can eat as much pizza as I want, but a huge Burger with extra greese added on top of extra greese does me in.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I had a box of fish shop chips a couple of weeks ago as I had been obsessing about them and decided to plan it and go for it. I felt revolting, even though it was a food and a volume that I used to eat often. Next time, I will only eat a 3rd of a box.

I was not sure how much of that reaction was it my head, but I don't want to go through that again soon.

You have my sympathy.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The intensity of what you're describing sounds like food poisoning to me. I've definitely had 'ramifications' when I've eaten things that my body is no longer used to but that's mostly restricted to a lot of discomfort, bloating and upset digestion. Never diarrhea with cramping, lots of vomiting etc. All it could take is one unlucky piece of chicken to make you sick and your boyfriend could have dodged it.
    Thank you! I'm in bed now and I honestly feel okay after an hour of that. After changing my diet I was barely making bowel movements. After today I feel like it all caught up with me.

If you've been having trouble with constipation after changing your diet this is probably worth looking at too. Fibre and lots of water!

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    It might be food poisoning, but I had a similar experience of very bad diarrhea after eating 5 slices of pizza and a handful of chips at a friends' house. They both had the same amount of food or more, the same pizza and chips, and were fine. At least you got home before that hit! D: I had to get my dad to come get me, so embarrassing. No vomiting, though I haven't vomited for years so I don't really know how it works.

Be sure to drink a lot of water because you can get dehydrated if you're vomiting, etc.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I kind of cleaned up my husband's eating since he used to eat nothing but fast food and junk all day, every day. After that, now when he overeats too much stuff like that, the exact same thing happens to him. For what it's worth, turns out he had developed an intolerance to certain ingredients in the processed foods. As for me, when i have a day like this, i feel terrible and often end up with diarrhea, but i never vomit. Might be worth getting checked for any allergies or intolerances if it continuously happens, or as others have suggested, could just be a bit of food poisoning. Good luck
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Severe cramps, nausea and vomit sound like something you should call your doctor about. There are about 10,000 things that could be.

You get your health advice online...you get what you pay for.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Severe cramps, nausea and vomit sound like something you should call your doctor about. There are about 10,000 things that could be.

You get your health advice online...you get what you pay for.

You must make your doc a lot of money... As the vast majority of your posts recommend seeing a doctor...

• mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Might be food poisoning but...Fast food plus soda pop makes me vomit and wrecks my insides. That *kitten* is real poison NO THANKS!
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think it was the grease and fat. I used to eat ice cream all the time but the last time I ate too much and within 30 minutes I got very sick. I know it wasn't food poisoning because it only lasted a couple of hours. Your body can adapt quickly.
  • erigann
    erigann Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Happens to my daughter when she overheats grease & fat, especially dairy. I think she might have a dairy sensitivity which wouldn't be especially unusual in our family. But after healthy eating adding in grease & soda could cause some serious stomach havoc
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    You know what happens when you take a kid to an amusement park and he spends all day eating hotdogs, soda, cotton candy, fried dough, etc.? Well, that's what happened to you, maybe in a bit more extreme form.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Be thankful you weren't on a spinny ride when the hurling hit :bigsmile: