Juicing.

Options
Im thinking about juicing? Any Tips? ans results of it?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Unnecessary.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Stupid.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    So by juicing do they mean drinking nothing but blended fruit and veggies?

Like is there actually something bad about fruit smoothies or is it like green tea and people are doing it for some imaginary science reason.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Like is there actually something bad about fruit smoothies or is it like green tea and people are doing it for some imaginary science reason.

You don't blend the fruit; you just extract the juice - leaving all the good stuff behind like fibre etc.

It's pretty pointless.

I wouldn't bother... just eat fruit.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Juicing as part of a balanced diet? Sure. Juicing in place of a balanced diet? No thanks.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

You don't blend the fruit; you just extract the juice - leaving all the good stuff behind like fibre etc.

It's pretty pointless.

I wouldn't bother... just eat fruit.

Oh

Cause most of the times I see images of the juicing drinks they look pretty thick. Like blended fruits, not just the juice. Like they need to use an extra wide straw for the chunks.

Yeah I'm not planning on juicing, just curious.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Juicing as part of a balanced diet? Sure. Juicing in place of a balanced diet? No thanks.

+1

If you like juice, drink it. But don't replace your meals with it - that's ridiculous and diarrhea-inducing.
  • Merkavar
    Options

and you got reported for abuse? Guess someone didn't like sensible helpful responses.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Wow... someone really didn't like the responses and flagged things?

• LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I thought about trying juicing but, i couldnt figure out how to juice tacos and pizza....
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    don't bother.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    I thought about trying juicing but, i couldnt figure out how to juice tacos and pizza....

I'm sure if you look hard enough you could probably find pizza flavoured soft drink or beer. Probably the same thing as pizza juice.
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    LOL ....nah i think i will just stick to the real thing. I dont want pizza flavored....i want pizza LOL......pizza juice....ewww
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    What about juicing a leprechaun to extract his magical abilities?

OP, you didn't explain why you are looking into it. Background info is helpful if you want quality advice.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'll drop this here, since someone needs a referesher on when to flag vs report. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points?
  • dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I juice vegetables every once in awhile. However, I do not replace meals with juice, I like to eat the majority of my calories and so I will have it along with my breakfast. I find that it does help to increase my energy and my skin is clearer when I do juice.

I don't do veggie smoothies because all that fiber all at once does not agree with my stomach but I can handle veggie juice just fine.