Motivational Friends Needed!

Options
Hi All,
I'm just getting into this app and think that it could be a great tool to help me lose weight. I have a long way too go and need support and motivation. I am getting married in one year and need to lost and shape up in the next 12 months. When I am focused, I can do it..... but sometimes I need help to be focused!
What's your story?

Replies

• couzy81
    couzy81 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I yo yo in weight and I am trying to get my weight down. I need to lose a stone and half. Having seen a friend poorly but then lose 13 stone in 13 month I am determined to do. Need to give yourself a target. Mine is #operationbeachbodybenidorm when I feel weak I think of those words.

Gaz
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've gained over 50 lbs in the past couple years. Went from 115 -120 lbs to the 170s. I used university and desk jobs as an excuse. I decided enough was enough and started working out 4 months ago. I've since lost 10 lbs and looking to lose 35 more. For the past four months been working out 5 days a week, 2/3 hours per session. I couldn't run just ONE minute when I started and now can run over 10k without stopping.

If you need help staying on track with your exercise, I'd be happy to help.

Good luck on your journey!
  • larkolivia
    larkolivia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've always struggled with my weight then I started randomly loosing weight about three years ago. I got down to my goal weight that I had NEVER been as an adult. Then my house burned down and I used eating to deal with the year long struggle that was getting my life back together. I was still at a weight I was comfortable with, but when I got pregnant I fell back into the eating habits I had before I lost my weight and gained 60lbs now I have 80 lbs to lose before I'm back to my goal weight. I'm a stay at home mom now and don't really have anyone to talk to about my weight, so motivation friends would be greatly appreciated.
  • cloverpenny
    cloverpenny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Basically I'm 2 stone over the weight I should be for my height so I am trying to lose it before it becomes a major problem.
  • Chrono_Trigger
    Chrono_Trigger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started last yes at 260lbs. Through healthy eating, casual exercise, and eventually this app I've lost 60lbs. Currently 200 and going towards 180. It takes awhile and you can't just expect to see results every day. Sometimes I'd even go a week or 2 off track but as long as I got back on and continued I made it down.
  • mAmaBear912
    mAmaBear912 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm currently 34 weeks pregnant but in 2012 I started my journey at 273 lbs! In two years time I dropped 144 lbs and still keeping my healthy lifestyle :smile: it wasn't easy and sometimes I wanted to quit, I was determined to push through and make it happen. When you want something bad enough there is only one way to make it happen. But I got down to 129 lbs and today I've gained 30lbs in pregnancy pounds Lol but the healthy kind I still workout 5 days a week and eat healthy its my new way of life. You can do it I promise! Set a goal and see it through!
  • aliciamahoney1251
    aliciamahoney1251 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm just getting into this app and think that it could be a great tool to help me lose weight. I have a long way too go and need support and motivation. I am getting married in one year and need to lost and shape up in the next 12 months. When I am focused, I can do it..... but sometimes I need help to be focused!
    What's your story?
    This app is great! I've been away from it for a few months but now getting back into it. It is the only thing that had worked for me in years and it's free. Just push yourself to do some activity everyday. I have over 50 pounds to lose but I'm determined to do it. Friend me for support always ! You can do it!
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I had a baby 8 weeks ago and I decided I was going to take back my life and even lose the 8 year old baby weight from my daughter lol. So far I have been at this for 4 weeks and I am down 20 lbs...half of that was a baby tho haha. I am determined to make this work with good old fashioned calorie counting & exercise. Slow but steady wins the race right? I have found that adding friends has helped a lot and being more active in the MFP community boards has also helped. Add me if you would like, I am always looking for new friends going thru the journey as well! Good luck to you, you can do this!
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hi Amandapegg!
    I got this app because I am 50 and weigh 50 more pounds than when I was in n my 30's. I see others my age and older and they are not healthy. I am active running, walking, biking and hiking. Let ,e know if you want friends, I will root you on!!!
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I found this site about 4 years ago. I lost 50 pounds gained back 20 now I've become motivated again and have lost 10 pounds of the weight I regained. I have about 10-13 pounds left to lose before my wedding in November. Add me !