10lb Slim Down in June

Options
So, results are in and I kind of sucked for the month of May. Well, I had all the NSVs in the world, but that dumb scale really only moved a whopping 3lbs. Urgh! Oh well, spilt milk. My attempt for the month of June is to break my big goal down into a mini one. All I need is to lose 10lbs in the month of June. Realistically, it looks like I can probably do 8lbs (which I will gladly take) but hey, aim for the moon, yeah??!! For those that have similar goals, I’ll post weekly updates and you can respond with your progress if you like. Feel free to post you goals here, if you plan on doing the challenge!

SW 184 6/1
GW 174 7/2

Today is start day!
T

Replies

• evenidomhnaill
    Options
    I'll do it with you I only started but before i Joined here I lost 5kg since the start of may hoping for around 10lb in June. I am going home to Ireland on the 18th of July for 5 and a half weeks and am hoping to have a stone off. So this will be a good challenge for me
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST...
    I will join you guys!! I'm new to MFP and need all the support I can get. Heck, at the end of June to be 10lbs lighter would be beyond great. And at the end of the day, I have 75lbs to go anyways and that would put me @ 65lbs to go.

Just a quick question: Any Ideas on how we can boost our progress? For Ex. Are we working out 6x a week? Eating salad every day for lunch?

Let me know...
  • lukeleia4
    lukeleia4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the same lofty goal, but I think we can motivate each other to actually do this!

SW 189 6/1
    GW 179 7/2
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    HI there i would like to join this too i managed to lose 2.8lb last week so 10lbs by the end of june would be great.

1st June - CW - 177.6
    2nd July - GW - 167

5306960.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in! My cousin's wedding is towards the end of July, and since I have to get up and sing, I would love to be down 10 pounds by the end of June and another 10 by her wedding!!!!

CW: 186
    GW: 176

My current weight right now is from my Saturday weigh in...I don't want to change my weigh in days because I'm so afraid I'll be up, plus I have already had breakfast and went for a jog today, so it won't be correct. I hope it's ok that my weigh-ins will be my Saturday weights! Thanks!!! :)
  • RubyA2011
    RubyA2011 Posts: 66
    Options
    ill do this with you...i lost nothing on my weigh in this week (didnt gain either though so suppose all isnt lost) MUST try harder though.
    A 10lb loss in june is just what i need!

CW: 181

GW: 171
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'd like to shoot for this goal also.....been losing rather slowly....so 10lbs would be awsome!! If I lost 10lbs/month til september I'd be over my first goal so let's see if I can do this with you all!!

SW now: 234.5
    End of June: 224.5

Good luck all!! Need suggestions to amp it up please.....Have been changing it up exercise wise....treadmill, zumba, Wii boxing, strength training rotations....5-6 days per week.
  • Velma73
    Velma73 Posts: 5
    Options
    You can definitely count me in! 10lbs a month is reasonable with exercise and healthy choices every day.

6/1 CW - 221.8
    7/2 GW - 211.8

GW 8/1 - 201.8
    GW 9/ 5 - 191.8
    GW 10/3 - 181.8
    GW 11/7 - 171.8
    GW 12/5 - 161.8

I want to LOOK GOOD when I graduate with my Doctorate on December 17th!!!

6760514.png
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question: Any Ideas on how we can boost our progress? For Ex. Are we working out 6x a week? Eating salad every day for lunch?

Let me know...

Tunks! :blushing: Well, I try to post weekly mini challenges to help with ideas to “shake things up” for the group. Sometimes I succeed at the challenge, other times I don’t. But the group seems to like it.

For me personally, I work out 3 times a week and I would like to see that at 5 times per week for June. So add two additional workouts.
  • TTHdred
    Options
    My current weight right now is from my Saturday weigh in...I don't want to change my weigh in days because I'm so afraid I'll be up, plus I have already had breakfast and went for a jog today, so it won't be correct. I hope it's ok that my weigh-ins will be my Saturday weights! Thanks!!! :)

No prob! Mine is from Sunday. It's usually my lighter day of the week :bigsmile: Gonna keep my wiegh in days the same
  • TTHdred
    Options

I want to LOOK GOOD when I graduate with my Doctorate on December 17th!!!

WOW!! That is a great accomplishment! Congrats! Hopefully we can add shedding 10lbs to that!
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    I am in for sure!!! I could use the extra motivation and the challenge. I will increase my workouts from 4 days to 5 days a week... I am excited to push myself harder and see what I can accomplish! Good luck to everyone!

CW: 151.7
    GW: 141.7 (The high end of my healthy weight range for my height!!!) 2 Goals in 1 month!
  • caralynnxo
    caralynnxo Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm in! I'll start checking this more regularly!

5'2
    CW: 128
    GW: 110

Let's go people :) June's our month
  • crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    count me in...just came off a 7-day cruise [[ughh]] and dropping 10lbs by the end of June would be a BLESSING! Any ideas on how to jumpstart this?!
  • redstarr
    redstarr Posts: 1
    Options
    Count me in. Iam so ready. I will be checking out everyones progress to keep me motivated!
    My CW-163lbs. Mini goal for june is 153lbs. Ultimate goal is 145-150lbs.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!! Any losses this last week???

Down .5lb for me from wed when I signed on for this challenege....hopefully can drop more this week!!!

I would LOVE to drop 4lbs!!!

What are some ideas to pump it up? I already drink 64oz of water on most days and exercise 5 days a week....HELP!!
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 4 of the 10 pound goal for June!!!!
    How's everybody doing? I'm so excited I can't wait to see all the results. This is such a great goal..:bigsmile:
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    Today was my official weigh in day and I am down 1.3 lbs this week!!! To thedreamer... WOW! How wonderful... You are almost halfway there in only one week! To poesch77... Don't get discouraged, .5 lbs is a great achievement!!! It sounds like you're doing everything right, maybe it's just one of those tougher weeks on your body. I also see alot of people on the message board talk about eating their exercise calories in a healthy way if they are getting in lots of exercise... It seems to help quite a few people that I read about. Good work guys! I'm excited to hear everyone's progress throughout the next 3 weeks. Good luck this week!
  • Longborough
    Options
    I'm in, may be tough but need some inspiration
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been entirely unsuccessful at really losing anything over the past few months. And I have a beach trip coming up at the end of August -- so time to get really serious.

My weigh in days are Thursday -- so I will post an update then.

But last week I was at:
    5'4"
    SW: 151
    GW (this challenge): 141

(Final GW: 125)