Eating times

At what times do you eat? How many times do you eat throughout the day? And do you set a cerfew for your stomach?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Whenever I'm hungry. As many as I need to and NO. Timing is irrelevant, it all comes down to CICO.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    My only "curfew" is that if I eat after 8pm I have trouble getting to sleep. But that's just me and has nothing to do with weight loss. Timing does not matter for weightloss.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    It doesn't matter when you eat. Personally, I like to eat breakfast as late as possible so I don't get hungry before lunch. So I take my breakfast to school with me along with my lunch. After that I eat and snack as the need strikes right up to bedtime. But when my calories are gone, I'm done.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Meal timing is irrelevant for the majority of people.

The amount of meals I have per day varies... as my hunger varies day to day.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Curfew for my stomach. Funny. I eat up until I go to bed.
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    I fast for 18 hours a day and eat twice a day between 12 and 6 PM.
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    I'm never hungry for breakfast. I'm never hungry for lunch or dinner either, but I still eat anyway.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    What happens if your stomach stays out past curfew, does it get grounded?
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    misskarne wrote: »
    My only "curfew" is that if I eat after 8pm I have trouble getting to sleep. But that's just me and has nothing to do with weight loss. Timing does not matter for weightloss.

This for me also. Some foods give me horrible indigestion if I don't give my body ample time to digest them. Stopping 2 hours before bed (usually around 8pm, then) keeps that from happening.

Some people do well eating a bunch of small meals. Others prefer a couple big ones. Some don't bother with breakfast; some need a huge one, some need something in between.

Experiment a little and see what works for you.

~Lyssa

• sailorscoutnewo
    sailorscoutnewo Posts: 5 Member
    I just want to make it clear that I never said that timing matters when it comes to weightloss I was just asking because people set food times to fit their schedule (example would be I have a class from 9-11 and another one from 12-2 so between my two classes, that's when I have time to eat) and toward the "stomach curfew" I didn't know how else to phrase it. But like one of the commenters, I have trouble sleeping if I eat before I sleep so I don't eat past 9pm (I sleep around 10)
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    I eat small meals and tend to snack between meals to keep my blood sugar steady.

I don't stop eating just because it's a certain time of the day, but I can't eat too close to bedtime or I get reflux and have nightmares.