Need your help (starting pics included)

Options
Bonjour everyone,

I have been on MFP for a good month now, but haven't been using it. It is, however synced to my mapmyrun/mapmyfitness account. So when I go for runs outside, it shows on my MFP account.

I have been into fitness for about four months now and have hardly lost 10 lbs. I usually work out 5 times a week, each workout session lasts between 2 to 3 hours and I actually enjoy working out that long. Even though I haven't seen a big improvement on the scale, I feel different, I can now run 10 KM nonstop and working up to 15 for the upcoming weeks.

Other than running, my training includes biking, walking (on active rest days), various other forms of cardio. I also do 30 minutes of daily stretching/yoga after each session, body weight strength training, machine strength training, free weights lifting.

I don't eat too badly, most my meals are home cooked. I could however, step up my game in the eating department. I can't go on low carb because I run almost daily (at the gym and outside), so I will try to focus on simple, lean protein and vegetable meals.

I am part of another great supportive community called PumpUp for two weeks now, but I need all the help I can get I will be more active here.

I need help from you all, and I'll be there for anyone who needs workout motivation

Height: 5'8 (173 cm)
Weight: 166 lbs (75 KG)
Frame: Medium
Dress size: 6 (North American)

I'll see if I can take my measurements later on and edit this post.

Starting photos:
zjl9ao7f5sff.jpg
xvvu85fdjp65.jpg
zrdx5pl0b8a0.jpg
fvj968piiuy9.jpg

First pic- yesterday
Second- last week
Third and fourth- 2 weeks ago

Replies

• tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Forgot to include, my problem areas are my arms and abs.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Well, I think you look fantastic. I personally could not maintain the amount of time you put into exercise but here is a very helpful link to guide you with using MFP

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

here is another:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

It seems like a lot of reading but it is well worth it! Good luck
  • Haegar62
    Haegar62 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lady you look good and do not see what there is to change, but of course you have to like who you are. But from the picture you are one good looking lady.
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    @farfromthetree
    Thank you for the read! Good information will never be too much.

@Haegar62
    I am too heavy for my height and frame. Even my doctor has told me that. I'm looking to get to a healthier weight but also want to tone up. Thank you for the compliment ☺️
  • blazehill6
    blazehill6 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's seems like you are doing all the right things to improve your fitness and health. I wonder if you have hit a plateau. Have you tried boosting your metabolism? Whey powder works really well. Also, make sure you are getting an adequate amount of sleep to give your body time to replenish. Good luck!
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Hi @blazehill6

Thanks for the reply...

I have not hit a plateau yet as I haven't lost much weight yet. I still have 35 lbs to lost (a healthy weight for me would be 125). My healthy weight range was always 115 to 120 lbs, but this time I was to be 10 to 15 lbs heavier as I'm looking to also build muscle. I'll take muscles over skinny any day.

All of the 10 lbs I lost is because of exercise. Didn't change my nutrition as I didn't find it so bad, but I'm starting to realize I might have reached my goals already (or at least gotten closer) if I ate healthier. This is what I want to try to focus on right now.

I will continue my exercise program though.

Thank you for the advice on sleep. I need to work on that too.
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    I also forgot to mention the 10 lbs weight loss is over the whole 4 month period. I lose a bit more than 2 lbs per month, but with better eating for the past 2 weeks, I have already lost 2 lbs
  • Haegar62
    Haegar62 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

@Haegar62
    I am too heavy for my height and frame. Even my doctor has told me that. I'm looking to get to a healthier weight but also want to tone up. Thank you for the compliment ☺️[/quote]

I would get a second opion about that no way you are overweighted, ok the bmi say 25,1 but remeber bmi is not perfect, I would go after how do you feel and with the exercise you are doing i would say it is proberbly allot of muscles also on tyour body and BMI do not take that in account.
    Get your body tested to find out your body fat % that will tell you more.
    And trust your signals from your body.

Good LUck
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It's great to see you have embraced fitness :smiley:

I would suggest posting this in the Fitness and Exercise forum. The peeps over there should be able to give you diet ideas to trim off excess fat while keeping your muscles in good condition.

Keep up the good work :smile:
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, my husband is a marathoner and eats high fat, moderate protein and low carb. He was concerned how the low carb would affect his running, but it has actually seemed to help it after the initial slump you experience when you move to low carb. It's becoming a growing trend among runners
  • suejabin2014
    suejabin2014 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your size! But there's nothing wrong in getting more fitter.