One bad deadlift rep!!!!

Options
brian_m22
brian_m22 Posts: 23 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
okay guys, I could really use your knowledge on this one. So about 10 days ago I was deadlifting. Usually I can go up to 455 for my last set for one. Having a great workout I went for 455 twice, thus allowing my form to cripple. I felt it immediately, my back tightened up. Since then I've neglected the pain and just used a belt for heavy squats. It delt with my pain, but today, 10 days after the event, my lower back feels like sharp pains. I really could use some good advice from people who experienced this themselves or anyone who has intelligence with this. Thank you!!

Replies

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Go see a doctor. He or she is a lot more qualified to advise you, than strangers on the internet.

You are risking more harm to your body continuing to ignore the pain and squating etc.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Normally I would just say to wait it out but it has already been 10 days. At this point it could be something very serious. I would not waste time here on the forums but get to a doctor a.s.a.p. your back is nothing to mess with. I am the only one in my family without an injured back, slip disk, popped disk, you name it we have had it in my fam and it is nothing to take lightly.
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian-
    If you don't have a chiropractor that you usually see (my first choice), see an osteopath, they are like a chiropractor with an MD. A regular doctor will want to give you pain killers to cover the pain, but an osteopath will give you stretches and work with you. Good luck, there are healthy pain creams like arnica you can use too. Take care.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I go to a sports physio for my activity-related injuries and he is brilliant - definitely go get it looked at - you may have compressed a disk or nerve.
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You need to stop lifting untill it heals man, get to a doctor. The worst thing you can do is ignore this.
  • brian_m22
    brian_m22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This may throw a curveball at some of your responses, and they were all very helpful, but while sore from deadlifting and knowing I allowed my back to use improper form, last week and this week I was steining my deck which required me to be in uncomfortable postions often on my knees bending over. Every time I would get up, my lower back felt very tight. Could this mean my lower back muscles could have been stretched too much from working out, and just worsened from painting? Thank you everyone again!
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. You can't diagnose your own musculoskeletal problems.