Close to my goal weights - It is getting difficult

Options
Hello

I have roughly 12 to 14lbs to lose until i get to my goal weight, It is getting difficult at the moment, lose a bit gain a bit, lose a bit, gain a bit more..

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Replies

• belgarath64
    belgarath64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    HI Claire, I know the problem. I am now 2 pounds away from my goal and it has been difficult these last few pounds. You might have to change up your eating patern or up or lower your calories by a bit just to get your body to react, or add a bit more exersise and don't eat back the callories. The back and forth is frustrating but you can do it. You made it this far and you will do it!
  • Dana_Chami
    Dana_Chami Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same here i know how it feels i got 5-6 kgs left and i finish my journey !! And i keep on plateuing
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yes...struggling as well. The last are the hardest!!!!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Several years ago, I lost 70 lbs. The first 50 really clicked off--about 2.5 lbs per week or 10 per month like clockwork. When I got down to that last 20, it was like a switch clicked and even though I still had the same calorie deficit, my weight loss slowed to about 2 lbs every 3 weeks. And YES, it was frustrating!
    Hang in there!
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Totally- I have been 2-3 lbs from my goal weight for like 2 months! I am fully aware that I can lose those last 2-3 lbs, I just need to eat a bit less. My issue is that I am not unhappy with how I look, and I feel good in my clothes, so I am not super motivated to be in a deficit. That being said, I am very motivated to maintain my weightloss, so I still log everything and stay within my maintainence calories. I'll probably kick it into a deficit in September when all the outdoor eating activities start to level off. Until then, maintain what I've lost!
  • hellurkitty
    hellurkitty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, Claire, I am in the EXACT same position as you! These last 15 lbs just do not want to go away. It's a struggle to stay motivated when progress has seemingly stalled, but just keep going. Stay committed and things will happen in due time.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm about 15 lbs from goal weight. Lost the first 35 like clockwork, steady at a bit over 1 lb per week. I got down to 170 lbs (goal is 160) back at the beginning of the year and I can't go any lower. I've been fluctuating between 170 and about 176 for literally months. It's getting pretty frustrating.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your calories down as you've lost weight? You should adjust every 10ish pounds. As I've gotten closer to goal, I've upped my exercise so I can keep eating more!