Air Force journey...

Options
almy123
almy123 Posts: 14 Member
Hello everyone!
I've been on here for a little while, but I'll admit, I was slacking. Now that I have a little less than 2 months until I leave for Air Force Basic Military Training, I need to whip my behind into shape. I'll say a little about myself:
In high school, I hit my all time highest weight of 210lbs, and since I'm very short (5'2" barely lol), it wasn't a very healthy lifestyle. I am now down to 141lbs. My biggest reason to losing this weight was to enlist in the Air Force. I've wanted it for some time, and now that it's finally here, I couldn't be happier. :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good luck and thank you ahead of time for what you are doing. I will keep you in my prayers.
  • txsarge17
    txsarge17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and the Air Force! This is a great time for you to really hit it hard. I'd honestly focus on a high cardio workout to prep for basic. I'm partial to Insanity, which would help greatly with all parts of the workout you will see there. Just don't be like me and sit on the couch for a month before you leave :wink:
  • almy123
    Options
    Thank you Dls06 and txsarge!
    txsarge - I've heard a lot about Insanity workouts. I am however doing P90X...I'm hoping P90X will help as well in getting me into shape for BMT?
  • almy123
    Options
    Anyone else a P90X fan?? :)
  • txsarge17
    txsarge17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    A lot of my coworkers have done it and loved it. I'm sure it will help you out a lot.