What real women look like.

Options
We all spend way too much time comparing ourselves to unrealistic celebrity body types (they're often underweight!)....

I found this amazing website this evening which is a gallery of what real women look like!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

It lets you input your height, body type and goal weight to give you examples of what that looks like!

:)

Have a great week everyone!

Replies

• HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! :)
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    this is pretty awesome
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love that there are an array of body types, because I HATE the implication that skinny women 'aren't real women'.

Replacing one beauty standard with another beauty standard is not going to fix anything.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks for sharing!
  • mandie26
    mandie26 Posts: 59
    Options
    I love that there are an array of body types, because I HATE the implication that skinny women 'aren't real women'.

Replacing one beauty standard with another beauty standard is not going to fix anything.

I agree! My sister is absolutely tiny (but small framed and super fit!). Skinny women are definitely real women! I just think some (certainly not all) celebrities promote an unattainable goal for the average woman, because many are underweight, starve themselves and just...don't look healthy.

So having a gallery of body types of the everyday woman is alot more inspirational then an airbrushed hollywood body who lives on salad alone :P!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I saw this on another thread too... interestingly, I'm now questioning my scale weight because I look like women 30+ pounds heavier than the scale says. Women at my current scale weight are much thinner than I am.

Thought I was looking better but it was an illusion I guess. This site was an eye-opener to be sure.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Cool website! It was nice to look at my goal weight!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Really cool site! Thanks
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I dunno...I'm thinking I'm glad I'm aiming for the very top of my weight range for my height.

So this is 160 (top of my "goal" BMI weight)

1.jpg

and this is 130 (bottom of my BMI weight range)

4.jpg

Which looks better to you?
  • mandie26
    Options
    I dunno...I'm thinking I'm glad I'm aiming for the very top of my weight range for my height.

So this is 160 (top of my "goal" BMI weight)

1.jpg

and this is 130 (bottom of my BMI weight range)

4.jpg

Which looks better to you?

Personally, the girl at 160. But everyone has different body goals, of course. But for me personally, I think the lady with a little more meat on her bones looks nicer :)
  • gwatso25
    gwatso25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nice site!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot! I was watched this last season of the Biggest Loser, and I was kind of really sad at the end when some of them looked like twigs. I want to look healthy. This site is really cool.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    love this,I think I have been on it before ,but couldn't remember what it was called.
    And thanks for the compliment sister.
  • Britt22706
    Britt22706 Posts: 97
    Options
    bump
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    This made me feel better.. Thank you!
  • mandie26
    Options
    glad you guys like the site! it's pretty nifty, wish I could take credit for something like that! whoever made it is awesome. share it with others!