Water Observation, Am I the only one?

Options
ukhennin
ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
When I started this lifestyle change almost 3 months ago I struggled to get my water in. I needed some sort of flavor pack just to drink the stuff. Now that I've lost a decent amount of weight and have changed my eating habits, I've noticed that I no longer have a problem with water. I don't need flavor packets anymore and I can tell when my body wants more. I usually can easily get 10 cups in a day if not more. Am I the only one that's seen a change like this?

Replies

• bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It does happen like that... my body craves water rather often, and just like you said, I can tell when, too!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Me too. Getting 10 cups a day isn't usually a problem. I do crave something besidse water from time to time but the sguar free flavoring packets usually do the trick. Rarely am I drinking any soda anymore. :drinker:
  • a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    Options
    I've noticed that too. I had to MAKE myself drink at least half my water as straight water with no flavor added, but now all but 1 c. of my water is straight water, and that 1 c. is first thing in the morning. I cannot drink straight water first thing in the morning...lol.
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Totally with you. I haven't had a soda in at least a decade so if I crave anything -- it's water.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    The more I drink, the more I want...
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm progressing a little slower (just onto the flavor packets now), but I'm seeing similar changes in myself. I used to drink nothing but soda, and now I don't "need" it anymore. I can also tell when I don't drink enough water. There was a day a couple of weeks ago when I was working graduation for the school I work at. I didn't have the opportunity to drink water, or even the time to think about missing it. I knew when I woke up the next day that I had dehydrated myself. Very interesting.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I noticed that especially once I started to exercise regularly, it was a lot easier to get my water in. In a long workout I can easily drink 4-8 cups of water.
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Me too. Getting 10 cups a day isn't usually a problem. I do crave something besidse water from time to time but the sguar free flavoring packets usually do the trick. Rarely am I drinking any soda anymore. :drinker:

I use to have a really hard time too and I've found that it's been getting easier. I still crave soda every once and awhile but I think it's mainly for the carbonation that anything else.