Its only 2.30pm and I've already hit my Daily calorie allowance!!

Options
This is going to be harder than i thought!! :'(

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider pre-logging your food.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie goal? Is it an appropriate goal for you? Telling us your weight, height and activity level would help us help you figure that out, if you want.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

This.

If your calorie goal is a good one try pre-logging your food.

Also, did you eat good stuff (lean protein, fiber/fruits and veggies, etc) and you were still starving? Or did you eat half a pizza for breakfast? (Nothing wrong with pizza, per ce, but I find it hard to fit food like that into my goals right now because it just doesn't fill me up)

For today, maybe go for a long walk or do some other exercise, drink your 8 glasses of water if you haven't already, and try to minimize the damage (have a sensible dinner when you get hungry) and start again tomorrow.

• dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This is what I do. I usually know what is for dinner and how many calories it has. From there I figure out what I can have for my remaining meals and stay within my limit for the day. I lost just shy of 100 lbs doing that. Now that i'm in maintenance, I still do it every day.

• ABHY7
    ABHY7 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks I think that's going to help me. Just made my Diary public...as you can see my craving for bread does not help! Good advice guys, thank you!
  • ABHY7
    Options
    Ok and yes I know Hunky Dorys are wasted calories:(
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    only 2:30 means plenty of time to get out for a long walk to "earn" a few more calories so you can have dinner!
  • ABHY7
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    What's your calorie goal? Is it an appropriate goal for you? Telling us your weight, height and activity level would help us help you figure that out, if you want.
    weight 11 stone, height 5.4, activity level walking 3-4 a week - 30-40 mins
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Really quickly, with out actually going in to your diary in detail. You only have 11lbs to lose and you have MFP set to the most aggressive weight loss amount possible, I believe 1200 calories a day in the minimum it will give.

Consider setting your weight loss target to 1/2lb a week. Also make sure that you have the correct level of activity set. I'm guessing you also have it set to sedentary.
  • WBB55
    Options
    Ok, one thing. Make sure to WEIGH your food, so you know you're getting an accurate calorie count. "1 cup" and "4 slices" could equal almost anything.

What's your current weight, height and activity level? 1200 might be too low of a goal for you. I lose weight and can eat much more than 1200 calories (even if I'm not exercising).
  • supersocks117
    Options
    purelush wrote: »
    Thanks I think that's going to help me. Just made my Diary public...as you can see my craving for bread does not help! Good advice guys, thank you!

My suggestion from looking at that: More protein for breakfast. I eat 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, with 2 slices of bacon, 1 oz cheese, and assorted veggies in an omelet + some coffee and am full 'til lunch. I used a little more butter this morning because it was sticking in the pan, but I had about the same calories as you and 11x the protein. Not a judgement or anything, I just know if I have the same calories worth of bagel I am STARVING all day, even if I eat my snack early.

As far as the wasted calories, I would cut treats in half and then exercise off those calories. And instead of putting them with lunch make them a snack so you feel full longer. With a goal of 1200, I would need to earn 300-600 in exercise - because I need about 1500 to feel full all day. So I would definitely exercise to get enough for a reasonable dinner.
  • ABHY7
    Options
    See above WBB55...thanks
  • supersocks117
    Options
    weight 11 stone, height 5.4, activity level walking 3-4 a week - 30-40 mins

So 5'4", 154, and lightly active? What do you have it set to lose per week? You only have 11 lbs to go, I would set it to .5-1/week.
  • WBB55
    Options
    (ah, simultaneous posting!) I put your stats into this- http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

And it came up with a BMR of 1362. You don't have a lot to lose. Eating below your BMR will be tough, and I don't recommend it. I recommend resetting MFP to "lose 0.5 lbs per week" and eating what it tells you. Hopefully, you'd be eating a total of about 1500-1600 calories every day (though your "net" calories might be lower if you're logging exercises).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    You're spending a lot of calories on carbs like scones, bread, and crisps, which won't fill you up, so you keep eating because you're not satisfied. Try reducing carbs and upping protein, and eating smaller meals. Prelogging will help you get a more filling balance of macros.

Also, I see several entries that do not list any macros - take the time to verify foods in the database before you use them. Once all your regular foods are in you can select them from Recent or Frequent and can stop doing this.
  • ABHY7
    Options
    I have it set to 1.5 a week... although now I feel I was a bit optimistic!
  • ABHY7
    Options
    (ah, simultaneous posting!) I put your stats into this- http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

And it came up with a BMR of 1362. You don't have a lot to lose. Eating below your BMR will be tough, and I don't recommend it. I recommend resetting MFP to "lose 0.5 lbs per week" and eating what it tells you. Hopefully, you'd be eating a total of about 1500-1600 calories every day (though your "net" calories might be lower if you're logging exercises).

OK thanks for your advise again...Ill get the hang of this sooner or later!!
  • WBB55
    Options

OK thanks for your advise again...Ill get the hang of this sooner or later!!

Sure! Just be sure to log everything and try to weigh everything on a scale so you know for sure it's accurate.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    the biggest thing for me was protein and fiber to keep me full. it helped me stop being hungry every hour
  • beccaawalsh
    beccaawalsh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I am ten and a half stone and the same height as you. I find 1200 to be plenty. I eat a lot of protein and good carbs like bran. If you need some inspiration my diary is open to friends so you can add me. P.s I'm not crazy about exercise. So I don't earn loads of exercise cals