On the verge of a bad day.

Options
I'm back after a lot of gains and stress and life stuff (both good and bad) that put more weight on. I've had a great 5 days, dropping about 3 lbs (mostly that first days of tracking water weight). I'm not feeling great today- lady issues have me feeling drained, and staaaaaaaaarving. Any advice or motivation you can offer? I could use it before I start stuffing food in my face. I already skipped out on my morning walk so I have no idea how I'll hit 10k steps today.

Replies

• dianahaynes925
    dianahaynes925 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Stuff your face with a bag of plain lightly salted popcorn and some diet soda!! A bag of carrots or anything that is low in calories. That way you won't feel deprived today.
  • couzy81
    couzy81 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water. Sometimes you are not hungry just dehydrated. If you have tried that use raw carrots like sweets and chomp away
  • katherinecriswell
    katherinecriswell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dana - although I am fairly new to MFP, I unfortunately am not new to the diet/gain back pattern. Having just experienced something similar (last weekend) to what you are describing yourself at today.

Here is what I did to help me get through the day: I realized that my body was in pain and decided to give myself one day of not stressing about my steps...but I did still try to get up and get moving which can also ease the pain. I also realized the desire to snack was really high (and would be this time each month) so I chose a small treat to help ease the desire without giving in to it entirely. For me it was a small cup of Diet Coke - as I have decided to cut out all sodas.

Please give yourself grace today. Remember that this is a lifestyle change and also takes time. Nothing happens overnight. I didn't gain all the weight in a month and thus will not loose it all in a month. Loosing 3 lbs in 5 days is amazing! You are off to a great start! Your morning walk can start again tomorrow morning.

(please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to motivate and encourage one another on this journey)
  • bookstatic
    bookstatic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dana - although I am fairly new to MFP, I unfortunately am not new to the diet/gain back pattern. Having just experienced something similar (last weekend) to what you are describing yourself at today.

Here is what I did to help me get through the day: I realized that my body was in pain and decided to give myself one day of not stressing about my steps...but I did still try to get up and get moving which can also ease the pain. I also realized the desire to snack was really high (and would be this time each month) so I chose a small treat to help ease the desire without giving in to it entirely. For me it was a small cup of Diet Coke - as I have decided to cut out all sodas.

Please give yourself grace today. Remember that this is a lifestyle change and also takes time. Nothing happens overnight. I didn't gain all the weight in a month and thus will not loose it all in a month. Loosing 3 lbs in 5 days is amazing! You are off to a great start! Your morning walk can start again tomorrow morning.

(please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to motivate and encourage one another on this journey)

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful and reasonable response. I so appreciate it.-! I will definitely add you.

And thank you, everyone else for your help and ideas. This is so hard!
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You also could eat at your maintainence calories for the day- I believe if you have MFP set to lose 1lb per week, that's an extra 500 calories! You won't lose as much this week, but you won't gain, either. You could definitely enjoy a treat for 500 calories- log it, then move on and go back to a deficit tomorrow.
  • bookstatic
    bookstatic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    _cdaley wrote: »
    You also could eat at your maintainence calories for the day- I believe if you have MFP set to lose 1lb per week, that's an extra 500 calories! You won't lose as much this week, but you won't gain, either. You could definitely enjoy a treat for 500 calories- log it, then move on and go back to a deficit tomorrow.

That may work. Thanks for the idea! I hate to slow my progress but this might make it more sustainable.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I also suggest water; sending you good wishes!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Lots of nonstarchy vegetables.