How many carbs do you eat daily?

Options
I fund myself around 210 (mfp gives an allowance of like 215.) I would like to start reducing, maybe to 180 to begin with.. It got me thinnking though.. How many carbs do you eat daily and how fast are you loosing weight?

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I eat about 225-250 and I lose about 1 pound every 5 days. I'm about 3 pounds away from my goal. I've been a carb eater my whole life and never had a problem. Only needed to lose 12 pounds total caused by eating huge portions over the years and finally catching up with me in my old age. I've never had any problem with carbs and I refuse to live without them! Just stay away from refined and highly processed carbs. Eat whole grains etc. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I tend to err on the side of too much protein. I figure I'm working out hard, doing strength training since I'm working on reducing my fat %, I could use more protein to build muscle. I know when I'm not getting enough carbs if I have trouble concentrating; this is esp true earlier in the day if I've mostly had proteins w/o carbs then I'd be really sluggish and sleepy.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a alot i know and lost every month, I still eat alot and able to maintain weight. just depends that there not too bad carbs and your using them through exercise.
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am losing about 1 pound per week on 210ish. Theyre all good carbs but I get worried sometimes that its too much!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    <50g's...usually in the 20-30g range.
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I'm usually between 100 and 150 because that lets me have fruit now that it's summer and things are coming back into season.
  • peppycat
    peppycat Posts: 6
    Options
    20g to 50g Depends on how much I've exercised and what's going on.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Anywhere from 225-250. I LOVE carbs.
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    10% of my calories are carbs, so I eat under 45 g carbs a day. Actually, that would be NET carbs. I subtract fiber & sugar alcohols.
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    depending on exercise I eat about 100-120, and havent been doing this for long, I feel like I look less bloated. I dont like to weigh myself so I am not sure on scale weight and I dont have a ton to lose so looking less bloated is great! Since switching I feel less hungry thorughout the day when I dont eat the carbs. I was binge eating like crazy until I started limiting my carbs. I felt like a crazy person ALWAYS starving. NOT ANYMORE! WHOO HOO!