*Sitting Job[Office] & Snacking?!?*

Options
I work 8-9hrs a day behind my huge desk. I get up alot to move around-BUT usually around 2pm-[the Crash Time] I wanna tend to munch on Crunchy stuff. Im NOT a 'raw veggie' person. But any advice on healthier snacks-besides me eating chips? lol

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Popcorn? I love popcorn..!
  • cathmcgarry
    cathmcgarry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    maybe some almonds? That's what I usually munch on. They have some protein and healthy fat, so you should feel satisfied. Hope this helps!
  • MarandaRae
    Options
    I also have a desk job and munching is a huge problem for me! I bought the 100 calorie snack packs. Like cheez-it, chocolate covered pretzels, etc. They are still the food, just proportioned. They help with my "snacking" and chocolate cravings.
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    Pistachios
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Nuts, healthy crackers, popcorn?
  • cszammit
    cszammit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Maybe some almonds
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Pistachios

Yeah, I like pistachios. They're good to because they take effort to eat (opening the shell) so you can't eat them too fast!
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like the multi-grain cherios...they are very lightly sweetened, but it does the trick for me.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't buy crunchies for that very reason. I am powerless in their presence!

My alternatives: baby carrots ( I know you said you don't do veggies, but they do the job) popcorn, the little 100 calorie bags, and a cold chocolate protein shake. The protein helps me get through till dinner.

Also lots and lots of water!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Fresh raw fruits or veggies are your best option, otherwise I have some ff greek yogurt for my afternoon snack. Sometimes I'll have apple slices & freshly ground almon butter or string cheese and an apple. You can also get those 100 packs of almonds to pack to work....
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    pretzels, popcorn or 100 cal packs
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    Emerald 100 calories almonds - unsalted, also agree with popcorn (they have 100 calorie bags of those too). If I really want chips, I usually do baked lays.
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I bring 20 almonds to work in a little jar that I snack on throughout the day. I also usually eat a banana, strawberries, or some other fruit for my 3pm snack attack. Drinking water helps too.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I work 8-9hrs a day behind my huge desk. I get up alot to move around-BUT usually around 2pm-[the Crash Time] I wanna tend to munch on Crunchy stuff. Im NOT a 'raw veggie' person. But any advice on healthier snacks-besides me eating chips? lol

Nuts are my goto crunchy snack at work. We have a snack bar that usually has those heart healthy mixes from Planters, but I usually have a can of flavored almonds and/or soy nuts in my desk. I love Seapoint Farms dry roasted Edamame, regular or wasabi. Trail mix is also good but be sure to check the nutritional content as some have lot of sugar.
  • kcphilly
    kcphilly Posts: 71
    Options
    I keep a huge jar of almonds at work and have those to keep my away from the chips and stuff we have here. They are kind of bland but it does give you that crunch of a chip or pretzel. Then if I want something sweet I keep dark chocolate kisses to get that fix in.
  • Eloveg
    Eloveg Posts: 25
    Options
    I brought the almonds by Emerald's and I got them in Dark Chocolate Cocoa Roast. They are not sweet but they are good! It only takes a couple before I get full.

Good luck!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Popcorn? I love popcorn..!

Me Too! Popcorn is about the only way I don't blow my calories with snacking... you can get the 100 calorie packs in both butter and kettle corn... and you get a decent sized bag for thos 100 calories... I also just bought Atkins Advantage bars today.... OMG. They taste like a candy bar! I'm not even kidding you! and only 1 gram of sugar, 10 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber... 160 calories... the only down side is 9 grams of fat :/ ... it was sooo yummy I was shocked!!!
  • lawson712
    lawson712 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am right there with you! Sit at a desk all day!!!! But the best things I have are grapes, apples sometimes with peanut butter, bananas, almonds and my favoriate thing is Blue Diamond Nut Thins. They have different flavors and not alot of calories for a serving, or maybe yogurt too! Hopefully those things will help!
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Apple with peanut butter-im sitting at my desk eating that right now!! Also lightly salted rice cakes!!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I work on computers so I"m tied to a desk most of the time. I keep a container of Emerald Roasted Almonds in my draw and I'm anal about measuring them out. I just had one of DD's bags of Smartfood which was actually only 100 cal. (we're not allowed to pop popcorn in the microwave anymore :( some idiot lit one on fire) I also get the Fiber One 90 calorie bars in peanutbutter and chocolate. I love them. The big thing for me is making sure I have snacks with me so I don't hit the vending machine. Them raising the price of a bag of Cheetos to $1.00 has really helped too. LOL! Good luck!