Started out at 243lbs!

Options
Hi I'm a 32yr old male who was living comfortably and getting fat. I felt I didn't have time to exercise. I'm a minister, I work full time, I have two young kids and a wife. Who has time to work out. Well my wife and my brother challenged me and my wife downloaded this app for me. Best app ever, by the way. I'm now 233/234lbs and still on a mission to get below 220. I'd really like to be at 200lbs. I started out at 243! Thanks to this app, I've taken more responsibility and purposed to stay below my 2000 calories and exercise more. Thanks a lot and hopefully this motivates the busiest of us all!

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    All I hear are excuses.. we are all in the same boat. find 1 hour to go for a walk with your kids.
    Buy Shawn T Insanity and do it for 30min.
    You do not need 8 hours of sleep..
    What ever work you can't finish during the week you have the weekends.

• believingministries
    Options
    Maybe you didn't hear me. I've dropped ten pounds already. I don't need excuses or insanity. Motivated and dedicated.
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job on your awesome start! Welcome to healthy living :D
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    @believingministries, you are doing great! Keep up the good work :)
  • rh091
    rh091 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started out at 250 and now down to 175.. you CAN do it with motivation and dedication, like you said. keep up the good work, and stay committed in the long term!
  • rh091
    rh091 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    All I hear are excuses.. we are all in the same boat. find 1 hour to go for a walk with your kids.
    Buy Shawn T Insanity and do it for 30min.
    You do not need 8 hours of sleep..
    What ever work you can't finish during the week you have the weekends.

No need for negative comments here.

• Butterflies_And_Chaos_
    Options
    Congrats on the loss ~ very strong start! I agree ~ MFP is the BEST app!! :smile:
  • mrsjalvarez
    mrsjalvarez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I must agree love this app! Now I make the best decision when it come to eating.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 32yr old male who was living comfortably and getting fat. I felt I didn't have time to exercise. I'm a minister, I work full time, I have two young kids and a wife. Who has time to work out. Well my wife and my brother challenged me and my wife downloaded this app for me. Best app ever, by the way. I'm now 233/234lbs and still on a mission to get below 220. I'd really like to be at 200lbs. I started out at 243! Thanks to this app, I've taken more responsibility and purposed to stay below my 2000 calories and exercise more. Thanks a lot and hopefully this motivates the busiest of us all!

You and I have the same goal. I'm 239 and I want to get below 220 and then get to 200lbs. We can do this!
  • believingministries
    Options
    Awesome!