Need help asap *TMI WARNING*

Options
2»

Replies

• carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I read something a while ago someone posted on here about something called dumping or something like that. Apparently a lot of gastric people suffer from it when they eat greasy food. I get stomach aches and the bathroom situation but not vomitting.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Oh lord I did the same thing at the fair. Fried chicken, crab cakes, rolls, fried shrimp, funnel cake & ice cream. I felt so freaking bad for the next 2 days. It might taste good but maybe don't overdo it so much next time. Maybe have a few healthy options thrown in there to replace some of the junk! I learned my lesson lol.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Do you have gallbladder issues or perhaps have had your gallbladder removed? If so that could be the culprit. Otherwise maybe just overeating or food poisoning.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    getting the runs after doing low fat for 3 weeks and then going and getting high fat greasy food is pretty common.

throwing up- not so much; that sounds more like food poisoning.

1.) don't go so extreme with your new "changes" make sure you include fat- don't cut out all "junk"
    2.) don't binge
    3.) if you're still puking- go to the doctor.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I vote for food poisoning. It's awful but it will pass. Lots of fluids and stay close to the bathroom.

If you notice blood in your stools, call your doctor
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    the vomiting makes me think food poisoning. Loose stools and feeling terrible would be more normal after effects for a pig out day.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Food poisoning.

Also, I had something similar happen to me when I discovered I had gallbladder problems and had to get it removed.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Severe cramps, nausea and vomit sound like something you should call your doctor about. There are about 10,000 things that could be.

You get your health advice online...you get what you pay for.

You must make your doc a lot of money... As the vast majority of your posts recommend seeing a doctor...

OK, I thought I was the only one who had noticed this. :laugh:
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I think your body went into junk food shock. I've definitely had that happen. Could it has been food poisoning? Maybe, does it matter? probably not. I would say it was a wake up call that you can't eat like that anymore. Straight and narrow and healthy for you forever more.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Severe cramps, nausea and vomit sound like something you should call your doctor about. There are about 10,000 things that could be.

You must make your doc a lot of money... As the vast majority of your posts recommend seeing a doctor...

OK, I thought I was the only one who had noticed this. :laugh:

@Lasmartchika I thought I was the only one lol. It's either see a doctor or a therapist...

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You just sound sick to me. Wait it out.

Or call and ambulance and get to a doctor and get an MRI, a CT Scan, 10 xrays and a lobotomy :insertsarcasm:.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It is not unheard of catching a stomach bug at such events.
    It's a carnival...with carnival people... :o

Seriously, the ONLY thing I'd let these guys serve me is an unpeeled hard boiled egg or an unopened coconut...
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It is not unheard of catching a stomach bug at such events.
    It's a carnival...with carnival people... :o

Seriously, the ONLY thing I'd let these guys serve me is an unpeeled hard boiled egg or an unopened coconut...

So not this...
    hjn061810majorleagues2p1.JPG

this...
    picrsyg55.jpg

Or this
    donut-cheeseburger-425jd101-1255531987.jpg

Missing out, you are!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Actually, if you're going to eat at this kind of place, deep-fried is the way to go. It kills most foodborne bugs. I did a foodsafe course once, and after hearing all the horror stories from the health inspector running the show, we asked whether she ever eats out. She said 'Sure, but usually things that are deep-fried!' I took that as permission!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

I spend as little time there as I can. I am one to ignore things too long, lol.

But I also know that severe cramps, nausea and vomit cannot be said to be X, Y or Z online.