Cellulite

Ever since i started high school ive had cellulite, but after i graduated i gained some weight and it got worse, now I'm trying to get it off. What are some ways to help get rid of cellulite?

Replies

• labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    You need to lose body fat, nothing else besides surgery/lasers will remove it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    You can't really "get rid" of cellulite. As you get into a healthy weight range, the appearance of it may become better. Both losing fat and strength training have helped mine immensely. Perfect? No. But it's a lot better and I don't really think about it much anymore.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    You can't really "get rid" of cellulite. As you get into a healthy weight range, the appearance of it may become better. Both losing fat and strength training have helped mine immensely. Perfect? No. But it's a lot better and I don't really think about it much anymore.

THIS!!!
    The more weight I've lost, the less noticeable it is.

• TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    cellulite sucks. build muscle lose fat. but cellulite still sucks.
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    I too had a little bit of cellulite beginning with my teenage years. I gained 70 pounds with my first pregnancy at 21. I lost a bit of that and then got to an even higher weight with my 2nd baby at 27. Still had about the same amount of cellulite as when I was very thin. Over the years I lost some weight but my cellulite suddenly got out of control just a couple of years ago after I started mfp. I was around 36 then. I was doing a ton of cardio and eating a lower calorie diet consisting mostly of carbs. It was very frustrating to see the pounds coming off but being too embarrassed to wear shorts because my legs were looking worse and worse. In the past year or so I have been heavy lifting and eating way more protein and the cellulite is diminishing. It's not completely gone but I'm comfortable wearing shorter shorts now :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    labohn91 wrote: »
    You need to lose body fat, nothing else besides surgery/lasers will remove it.

tumblr_m43fmnEFfl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Squatz baby!!

I've had some all my life too. Three years ago I discovered weights and began using dumbells while doing squats.
    Today @ 52, I've been told by more than one person that I have the @$$ of a 20 yr old.
    Hardly see any cellulite.
    And yes, I dropped about 20lbs overall

Now go and start squatting!!
  • denikagrouchy
    denikagrouchy Posts: 8 Member
    jodybo2 wrote: »
    I too had a little bit of cellulite beginning with my teenage years. I gained 70 pounds with my first pregnancy at 21. I lost a bit of that and then got to an even higher weight with my 2nd baby at 27. Still had about the same amount of cellulite as when I was very thin. Over the years I lost some weight but my cellulite suddenly got out of control just a couple of years ago after I started mfp. I was around 36 then. I was doing a ton of cardio and eating a lower calorie diet consisting mostly of carbs. It was very frustrating to see the pounds coming off but being too embarrassed to wear shorts because my legs were looking worse and worse. In the past year or so I have been heavy lifting and eating way more protein and the cellulite is diminishing. It's not completely gone but I'm comfortable wearing shorter shorts now :)

This is really motivational for me, thanks for sharing your story! I didn't think portein was that inportant in getting fit. I always thought it was to bulk up.

• jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Protein is needed to help you keep your muscle while you are losing or for gaining muscle if you are bulking/recomping. Glad I could help :)
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Losing fat and laser treatments can help lessen cellulite but liposuction is the only thing that really gets rid of it. Facts. Sucks.
    I'd rather have a dimple or two than get lipo though...that procedure is so scary looking if you watch it being done! No THANKS!
  • SarahLeeB23
    SarahLeeB23 Posts: 4 Member
    1. Increase Water intake (and less soda/sugary drinks)
    2. Exercise (Squats and Leg Presses are good! More advice: http://www.illatte.com/how-to-get-rid-of-cellulite-naturally/
    3. One of those cellulite brushes
    4. Cream that specializes in cellulite fighting and/or is high in antioxidants and deeply penetrates

All of this together brought me noticeable results...if you're trying to get rid of your cellulite naturally that's all I can really advise. Might work sooner or faster for you depending on genetics and luck. If it doesn't, I guess you can save up and throw money at an expensive anti cellulite treatment.
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    mommydie wrote: »
    Losing fat and laser treatments can help lessen cellulite but liposuction is the only thing that really gets rid of it. Facts. Sucks.
    I'd rather have a dimple or two than get lipo though...that procedure is so scary looking if you watch it being done! No THANKS!

^^^
    I was told liposuction can make it WORSE! A friend of mine had it and agrees it is worse, so results may vary.