Body wraps

Options
i was reading about body wraps recently and they sounded great! I even saw something on how to make them, However do they work? If so which r the best type to use?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    They might work if all you want is a temporary reduction in belly size for an event. They draw water out of your midsection. It's not lasting and it's not fat loss.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10202381/weight-loss-scams-and-how-to-spot-them
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Do not buy them, whatever you do. That's all kinds of scammy.
    I've made my own before by rubbing olive oil (or coconut oil) on my legs then coffee grounds, then wrap with saran wrap. It sounds weird but the caffeine is supposed to reduce cellulite. Plus it's dirt cheap so even if it doesn't work at all, you didn't waste a lot of money! It's so messy I don't do it often but it does help short-term.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Please stop and seek professional help.

First it was a thread on how to lose weight when you are already underweight and now it's wraps? Please, please, PLEASE stop your relapse in it's tracks and go see your health professionals.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Save the saran wrap for your leftovers.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Makes about as much sense as putting a shop vac to my biceps to make them bigger. Sorry but I just don't understand how people think fat loss involves anything but fat loss and don't want to reduce calorie intake at the same time. Off to the sauna to melt away my fat while eating a jelly doughnut.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought this was going to be about spa treatments like seaweed wraps. I've never done that and was interested in what people had to say. I am a little sad now.
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    Oh, I thought this was going to be about spa treatments like seaweed wraps. I've never done that and was interested in what people had to say. I am a little sad now.

Let's talk about those instead.
    I did one of those spa ones for moisturizing ages ago when I'd just moved and my skin was freaking out and super dry. It was basically massage + person covering me in lotion + a nap. I had super soft skin afterwards, it was amazing (also a kind of once in a lifetime thing... mostly I use Aveeno lol).
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I was on the beach this past weekend for the Sea Festival. There were a bunch of booths set up for people to sell their wares. I walked past one of these wrap places with signs all over stating that you could lose a bunch of weight with wraps. The two gals running the booth were very very overweight. Quite obese. If that's any indication....
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options

Sorry, I was thinking about the ones that they wrap you in tight cellophane for compression, my bad. Never occurred to me that it could be about skin therapy. All I ever think about here is fat loss and deficit, carry on.
  • hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I hate those wraps and waist trimmers or whatever they are called, gives a false impression on results by promoting wearing those things without any type of exercise or diet will give you results. Worst part is ppl actually buy them and believe it haha
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »

Sorry, I was thinking about the ones that they wrap you in tight cellophane for compression, my bad. Never occurred to me that it could be about skin therapy. All I ever think about here is fat loss and deficit, carry on.

Yes well, after reading @z304 's description it could be a REWARD for weight loss =)
    z304 wrote: »
    Let's talk about those instead.
    I did one of those spa ones for moisturizing ages ago when I'd just moved and my skin was freaking out and super dry. It was basically massage + person covering me in lotion + a nap. I had super soft skin afterwards, it was amazing (also a kind of once in a lifetime thing... mostly I use Aveeno lol).

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Save the saran wrap for your leftovers.

:p

And save your leftovers for me.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Like a Snuggie, OP? I f***ing love those!

leopard-print-snuggie.jpg
    Options
    Like a Snuggie, OP? I f***ing love those!

leopard-print-snuggie.jpg
    Hey don't knock it. I love mine for camping. Not being sarcastic :wink:

• CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    They work GREAT but don't follow the directions that come with it.
    Follow these:
    > wash and dry your midsection and back
    >take wrap out of package and spread out on kitchen table
    >next go to your pantry and remove all junk food items like chips,cakes and cookies
    >place gathered items into wrap and wrap up tight
    >throw wrap containing items into the trash
    >when you go back to the store don't purchase any items like you threw away
    > hang in there, you should see results soon
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Follow these:
    >next go to your pantry and remove all junk food items like chips,cakes and cookies

Bravo.
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    They help you lose water weight, that is all. It's a scam to help the lazy think they are losing weight, because they notice a small difference in the mirror/picture.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Follow these:

Fantastic response. Strong advice!
    Options
    Follow these:

Sure, waste food AND saran wrap. That's a delightful idea.
    :lol: