Body wraps

Options

Replies

• CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    They work GREAT but don't follow the directions that come with it.
    Follow these:
    > wash and dry your midsection and back
    >take wrap out of package and spread out on kitchen table
    >next go to your pantry and remove all junk food items like chips,cakes and cookies
    >place gathered items into wrap and wrap up tight
    >throw wrap containing items into the trash
    >when you go back to the store don't purchase any items like you threw away
    > hang in there, you should see results soon

Fantastic response. Strong advice!

Thanks.
    And who said Broscience has no real value?

• CancerSurvivor2014
    Options
    Follow these:
    >next go to your pantry and remove all junk food items like chips,cakes and cookies

Sure, waste food AND saran wrap. That's a delightful idea.

It's not just Saran Wrap it is a super secret formula that has been proven effective in Broscience medical studies.

I mean really, if it was just Saran Wrap and mineral oil do you really think people would be paying upwards of $100 a wrap?
  • savarnabanana
    savarnabanana Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Follow these:
    Um Thanks all of u for telling me I'm lazy ... It was simply a question as I'm actually not allowed to loose any more weight (my bmi is 17.6 ~ underweight) and was wondering if there were other ways of looking slimmer as I'm still incredibly unhappy with my body and thought it might be healthier than risking my weight dropping any lower. But thank u guys for that great advice...
  • savarnabanana
    Options
    karla24687 wrote: »
    Do not buy them, whatever you do. That's all kinds of scammy.
    I've made my own before by rubbing olive oil (or coconut oil) on my legs then coffee grounds, then wrap with saran wrap. It sounds weird but the caffeine is supposed to reduce cellulite. Plus it's dirt cheap so even if it doesn't work at all, you didn't waste a lot of money! It's so messy I don't do it often but it does help short-term.
    Thank u so much I will try that for my prom ☺️ x

• Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Follow these:

It's not just Saran Wrap it is a super secret formula that has been proven effective in Broscience medical studies.

I mean really, if it was just Saran Wrap and mineral oil do you really think people would be paying upwards of $100 a wrap?

??
    If this is trolling you need to put a little more work into your game.

Perhaps you should act a little less like a Tumblr member, and be a bit more light-hearted when it comes to sarcasm.
  • savarnabanana
    Options
    Follow these:

??
    Thank u, I appreciate it
  • savarnabanana
    Options
    Horrorfox wrote: »
    Follow these:

??

Perhaps you should act a little less like a Tumblr member, and be a bit more light-hearted when it comes to sarcasm.
    Or perhaps cancersurviver2014 should try minding his own business rather than making other people feel *kitten* about themselves when he doesn't even know anything about them
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Follow these:
    Um Thanks all of u for telling me I'm lazy ... It was simply a question as I'm actually not allowed to loose any more weight (my bmi is 17.6 ~ underweight) and was wondering if there were other ways of looking slimmer as I'm still incredibly unhappy with my body and thought it might be healthier than risking my weight dropping any lower. But thank u guys for that great advice...

If you are a healthy weight, yet still feel soft or not as lean/toned (sorry to use that word MFP) as you would like, you need to add muscle mass. I might suggest you read up on recomp, or, if you can mentally handle adding fat for the end goal of a leaner you, bulk/cut cycles. There are great threads in the Maintaining Weight and Gaining Weight sub forums that can give you some insight.
  • Horrorfox
    Options
    Follow these:

??

Or perhaps cancersurviver2014 should try minding his own business rather than making other people feel *kitten* about themselves when he doesn't even know anything about them

You are taking everything said in here too personal. No one here is calling you lazy. You are not the target demographic for body wraps. It's for overweight women who don't want to eat right and exercise.

If you are trying to look leaner, try focusing on weight training. If you're only looking to look leaner for a day, for an event, try looking into lowering your sodium and water intake the week of the event. You might want to google how wrestlers cut weight.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Follow these:

If you are already underweight and unhappy with your body, then you need to see a professional about changing your body image, not try expensive fads.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    z304 wrote: »
    Josalinn wrote: »
    Oh, I thought this was going to be about spa treatments like seaweed wraps. I've never done that and was interested in what people had to say. I am a little sad now.

Let's talk about those instead.
    I did one of those spa ones for moisturizing ages ago when I'd just moved and my skin was freaking out and super dry. It was basically massage + person covering me in lotion + a nap. I had super soft skin afterwards, it was amazing (also a kind of once in a lifetime thing... mostly I use Aveeno lol).

Oooh, that sounds great. I went to the Roman baths in Baden Baden Germany years ago. It ended with something just like this. I swear, it was like going back to the womb. And my skin actually felt great for 3 days. OP, try this instead. It's a way better thing to spend your money on.
  • savarnabanana
    Options
    Follow these:

??

You are taking everything said in here too personal. No one here is calling you lazy. You are not the target demographic for body wraps. It's for overweight women who don't want to eat right and exercise.

If you are trying to look leaner, try focusing on weight training. If you're only looking to look leaner for a day, for an event, try looking into lowering your sodium and water intake the week of the event. You might want to google how wrestlers cut weight.
    Thank u for the advice, I reacted badly because I felt as tho everyone was taking the p!ss when actually I just wanted some help on a topic I honestly don't understand
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Follow these:

??

Sorry wasn't trying to hurt feelings. I was just making fun of product I think of as "snake oil " and a big waste of money.
    There is no quick Fix short of a medical procedure or PEDs. I am very sorry you feel bad about my stupid comments. I was making fun of the product not you.
    Now reading it back I can see that I was being a jerk.
  • Horrorfox
    Options
    Follow these:

??

You're just mad at me because I didn't find your vitamin thread enlightening.
    Trust me, "she doesn't have a good sense of humour or sarcasm" is something no one has ever said about me ever, in the history of time.
    The thing about guy's response (which he admits is a joke, fine) is that we see that kind of advice being given with 100% seriousness every single day. It's terrible advice and vulnerable noobs fall for it. So it's kind of hard to tell who's being serious and who's making a joke about that sort of thing.

Oh P.S. Tumblr is a wretched hive of scum and villany

No offense, but you are mistaken to think I remembered knowing you from my thread. I'm flattered you remembered me though.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Follow these:

Bahahaahahaha
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I was laughing at that reply. Not laughing at you op.

Ok here's the thing.

A girl I used to be friends with has made a huuuuuuge amount of money from people she sold wraps to.
    She was smaller than me and as I've lost my weight through counting calories. I have ended up smaller than her. For free. Well actually it cost me $12 for my food scales.